What would you fail the vet on?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think I would probably fail the vet on my left stifle joint, which is having issues now and then with steps. I'm not sure they would be impressed with my paces for any more than a happy hacker, and show jumping definitely out, the hocks won't stand that. I broke my left foreleg at the knee a few years back and it's not quite straight, but pretty sound, probably more a comment than a fail. I guess I'd have to be honest and declare to any buyer that I take steroids for my lung function.

I think I'm pretty unsellable, realistically.

You?

SEL

Visit site
Dodgy near fore shoulder - ok for light hacking but won't stand up to anything too strenuous.

Shocking feet. Remedial shoeing a necessity.

If the vetting happened in summer then the pollen allergy would be obvious. Lots of sneezing and headshaking

Eyesight not great and an endocrine disorder needing expensive drugs.

Call the hunt now!!

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Well despite not yet reaching middle age, I think I'd probably also fail the vet! I have a long-term lower back issue thanks to a bad fall off a baby horse, and when bad it affects my hips, and tbh my whole movement. So definite SI issues!

I have chronically tight hamstrings which despite years of almost daily yoga give me jip, I'd have definite issues tracking up!

be positive

Visit site
Flexion tests on my right knee, left is ok, a few other joints are not great but I would probably refuse to allow blood to be taken as the prescription meds would show when tested, after I had been off them a few days I would probably be sent back, I had some joints xrayed 3 years ago, they were good, so can I offer them as 'vet history' because they may be less so now.

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Left fore dodgy shoulder, right fore dodgy shoulder and dodgy elbow. Onset of stifle issues both hind limbs. Palpation reveals some discomfort SI/pelvic/lumbar region - never been medicated. Heavily reliant on NSAIDs to maintain normal daily function. Should probably be retired to pasture as a paddock ornament but the brain still has aspirations of being a dressage diva. PTS not recommended yet but vetting failed due to the above conditions - not fit for purpose!!! ?

Visit site
I could do with some steroid injections into my sacroiliac, stifle and hock joints then I could probably pass some flexions. I wouldn't pass a 5* vetting but I would pass a racing vetting with a note mentioning that I am a bad mover and in desperate need of a wind op.

It should also be noted on my passport that I need a hefty dose of sedation to be clipped or have the physio!

BBP

Visit site
A couple of years ago I would have been one of those sad PTS cases, would never have got to a vetting. I’d be the horse pressing its head against a wall, walking into doorways, exploding for no reason, probable brain tumour or wobblers (turned out to be Lyme). I’d also have failed on ulcers, back pain, sciatica, heart problem, arthritic changes in hands.

However, I’m one of those miracle cases that gets better with age! Corrective shoeing (special inserts) mean my bank pain and sciatica are completely gone for first time in 10 years. Lyme disease symptoms appear to have passed so no more head pressing and suicidal thoughts. Lockdown means cutting sugar in my diet so gut is a lot healthier. Heart condition under control on medication and back to full work. Good positive mental outlook and cheerful disposition (mostly).

So I might not pass but I’d be worth a punt!

scats

Visit site
I’d probably pass a vetting on the day coz I’m very good at appearing normal and healthy but they’d get me home and the wheels would fall off.
I’d end up at the vets for investigation and let’s just say that there’d be a whole host of things I’d no longer be insured for afterwards. I’d make a nice happy hack but if they asked for more, I’d be lame again.

suebou

Visit site
Lame on near hind, high up and a bit intermittent but definitely there, bi lateral rear fetlock lameness, very unsound without remedial shoes, kissing spine surgery, seems successful but no fast work due to lameness issues, off fore shoulder distinctly compromised, needs regular physio. Another happy hack, needs managed feeding or gets very overweight. Not spooky, but can overreact to humans!