What would you feed?

atropa

Visit site
I have two mares, currently both are a decent weight and are on pretty much ad lib hay when in at night and out during the day in a field with still quite a lot of grass, they're not hanging around the gate waiting to come in at night yet. Both mares are in light work.

I'm just wondering what everyone would feed for the following horses..

Mare 1: pretty much recovered from a recent bought of lami, gets swollen legs overnight when in, delicate stomach, needs to build muscle along top line due to half a year out of work.

Mare 2: good doer (so far, only had her a few months), who is exhibiting some ulcery behaviour and is being scoped next month for them.

Currently I feed them both HiFi Lite chaff and Fast Fibre. Mare 1 also gets a double dose of Protexin Gut Balancer and a scoop of Feedmark No Fill in each feed. From next week I plan to add the appropriate amount of TopSpec Lite balancer for each horse, and I also plan to swap out the Fast Fibre for Speedibeet if they start losing weight. I was thinking of trying mare 2 on Ulsagon for a while to see if it might help her symptoms, but would it be better to buy one stomach feed supplement suitable for both mares?

I dont want to be feeding anything redundantly, and atm I kinda feel like I'm making it overly complex for myself?

atropa

Visit site
I feed them a bucket feed to mix in older mare's supplements, I see a huge benefit feeding her the No Fill but I don't really just want to feed her a scoopful of herb and powder, hence the low cal chaff and fibre. She also did see the benefit of a bucket feed of sugar beet in the depths of last winter so I'm thinking similar will happen this year - perhaps saying they were good doers was misleading, they're WB and ISH so by good doer I mean I'm not having to shovel loads of haylage an hard feed into them to get weight on like some of my friends have to with their horses