what would you like to see in a website/blog

Queenbee

Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently got bored (not possible with HHO to occupy me!!) of an evening and decided to learn a new skill, I have a web design package and am playing a bit each evening. I have decideded to have a go at designing a website/ blog and was wondering what people would like to see on such a site (horsey wise) I was thinking 'links to articles' Tips summer/winter, gallery, blog, page for local events, possibly a window shopping page with links to horses for sale I like (or something along those lines.

Does anyone else have any ideas, what would you like to see, anything quirky and different?

Cheers,

La Fiaba

hosteldog.blogspot.com
Something I would find useful is reviews on tack and equipment. I do a lot of internet shopping and often try to find a good (unbiased!) review first, but it's not always easy. Usually you have to trawl the forums to get a good idea if something is worth buying or not.

Have fun making your website, I love webdesign and if I could start over again, I think I would like to get into that as a living.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Don't take on too much as the one thing that will make the site popular is keeping it up to date. The number of users on mine has grown steadily and I am sure that is because I update it at least twice / three times a week. This is easy enough in winter but less so in summer! Saying that a popular extra on mine is an occasional humerous blog from my horses!

Its Not Magic

Visit site
A safe guide to buying a 'New Horse' Tips on what to ask at the viewing. My daughter and I recently purchased a New Horse. This was supposed to be an 'all-rounder' but suitable for British Dressage. Being experienced with horses and coming from a horsey back-ground...she asked all the right questions and tried the horse. I will not go into great detail, but once the horse and left to settle in for a few days, it was discovered the horse actually had issues when an attempt was made to mount it for the first time. It reared up and flipped back over causing horrendous injuries.

Given this, we all know horses are unpredictable. However Queenbee, I think if you allocated a page purely on 'searching, trying and buying a new horse,' it would be very interesting. Also maybe 'ones rights' on refunds if the horse is not what it was stated, does not or is not suitable for the purpose one purchased it for or has issues.
My daughter and I are fully aware of the rights on buying new horses. The following point is one which I believe many people 'selling horses' are not aware of. If it can be proved one has sold three or more horses in the past year...One is classed as a 'dealer'!

Always ensure the owner rides the horse first, both in the arena and if wanted for hacking then on a busy road, if the seller says it is traffic proof. Etc Etc Etc.

There are many points which can be over-looked when trying and buying, sometimes, once the horse is paid for, it is too late. Know as 'Buyer Beware'! Therefore, I think for inexperienced or first time buyers, this information would be very useful....So go for it Queenbee and the very best of luck to you. I am sure it will be a wonderful sight. If I can help in any small way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Queenbee

Visit site
A safe guide to buying a 'New Horse' Tips on what to ask at the viewing. My daughter and I recently purchased a New Horse. This was supposed to be an 'all-rounder' but suitable for British Dressage. Being experienced with horses and coming from a horsey back-ground...she asked all the right questions and tried the horse. I will not go into great detail, but once the horse and left to settle in for a few days, it was discovered the horse actually had issues when an attempt was made to mount it for the first time. It reared up and flipped back over causing horrendous injuries.

Given this, we all know horses are unpredictable. However Queenbee, I think if you allocated a page purely on 'searching, trying and buying a new horse,' it would be very interesting. Also maybe 'ones rights' on refunds if the horse is not what it was stated, does not or is not suitable for the purpose one purchased it for or has issues.
My daughter and I are fully aware of the rights on buying new horses. The following point is one which I believe many people 'selling horses' are not aware of. If it can be proved one has sold three or more horses in the past year...One is classed as a 'dealer'!

Always ensure the owner rides the horse first, both in the arena and if wanted for hacking then on a busy road, if the seller says it is traffic proof. Etc Etc Etc.

There are many points which can be over-looked when trying and buying, sometimes, once the horse is paid for, it is too late. Know as 'Buyer Beware'! Therefore, I think for inexperienced or first time buyers, this information would be very useful....So go for it Queenbee and the very best of luck to you. I am sure it will be a wonderful sight. If I can help in any small way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi :)

Have responded to your earlier PM :)

Thank you for your comments an interesting and very relevant suggestion, I will certainly look into doing something along those lines hun :)

Also Sarah_Jane: I take onboard your comments and will be heeding your advice :D thank you :D