What would you pay for this horse? *pics too*

JadeWisc

Visit site
My aunt is finally to the point where the foal she rescued is to be sold on to a new home. My aunt rescued her as a weanling from an unsavory situation (you may remeber me posting about it?)

We are unsure of her breeding but she is a Morgan/Tb type we are told by the vet?????????? Anyhow. She will be two in September and is already at 15HH

She has been given top quality care and handled a great deal. She is an angel to handle and will be easy to train and a loving horse. Not a nasty bone in her body and she is as calm as a Quarter horse.

What would she be worth to you? You will be astonished when you find out how low her price is. More than my aunt paid to "rescue" her in fact. She is just about giving her away but to a carefully screened and chosen home only.

She looks a far cry from what she did when we found her and her poor mother and although she is going through a gawky stage now she will be a nice tall mare.

My aunt has her hands full with many horses and her thing is more Halter style Quarter Horses. Although This mare is not for my aunt to keep going with I think someone will make a great horse out of her a adore her.
Just from what I have said and her pics (camera phone sorry) what do you think her value would be where you are? We have a bad horse market here atm and my aunt just wants her to end up in a loving home.

082708_153900.jpg

082708_154400.jpg

082708_154101.jpg

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
very young to be sat on! sorry, back to question...... around the 1-1.5k mark?????????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! Yes her knees are just buckling fro that massive 6 yo that was sat on her for five minutes. We had best get her off or the mare will be swaybacked and ruined. If she were saddled with an adult on her flying over jumps I would eat that comment but nothing is wrong with a little kid sitting on a big gentle filly. In my opinion it is a nice way to get her used to having someone on her back
smile.gif

I knew this would be coming from someone on here and I am sure the hat comment is next. This is a well cared for mare and well cared for children and there need be no concern here
smile.gif

GinaGem

Visit site
Well i don't have a clue how much two year olds sell for but she looks a lovely type and a nice temperament is worth a good bit of money to me

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be more worried about the horse doing damage to the child rather than the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

well she seems to be real psycho doesn't she?
tongue.gif
looks like she may bolt or buck at any moment
grin.gif

I would be more scared to see my child flying over jumps on a snakey pony

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well i don't have a clue how much two year olds sell for but she looks a lovely type and a nice temperament is worth a good bit of money to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Well youngsters here without amazing bloodlines and papers are not going very well here atm.
She is so nice and so sweet though that someone is going to be so happy with her I think

Tanta

Visit site
I'm sure she is adorable, and obviously lovely to handle - but I did see someone leading a child with no hat on on a pony at Smith's Lawn at Windsor Park last week - presumably it had been in one of the jumping classes with an older child. Next thing there was a loud thud as pony bucked the poor child off onto its head on the sand track - there was a lot of wailing!!! Luckily no head injuries this time - but while I hate the overzealous health and safety brigade, it only needs one bad head injury to kill you. But back to your horse, I'm sure horse prices v different in the UK and US - I agree with the other post betweek £1K and £2K in the UK

crazyponys

Visit site
god you can never just get an answer on here can you ?
i see a lovely filly who has been well brought up and shouldnt bat an eyelid at a small child having a sit on. all my youngsters have had kiddies just sit on for 2 mins and have grown into nice horses !!
jade shes adorable and i wish she was in england price wise if she was over here £1.5k accounting for a bad market.
a good market £2.5k .temperament looks a1
hope she finds a nice home.

JadeWisc

Visit site
I understand the culture is different there as to here and I am not saying that being concerned for saftey is a bad thing. I just think our cultures are different and that was not the intention of this thread.

These are my aunts children and her business and to be fair a child could be seriously hurt or killed on any size/age horse no matter what equipment you use. If she choses to teach her children like she was taught nobody else should worry about it. She is still standing here and so am I

Your example is sad and I am sorry for them ( even though she is ok thankfully!) but just because you heard of a child getting killed in an automobile accident would that prevent you from ever allowing your child in a car again?

Even if that child had been wearing a hat she could have broken her neck if she landed right. Terrible things do happen and if you are that scared of what a horse "could" do you had best just keep your kids away from them all is my thought

I am not saying hats are a bad idea or that children are not better off on older well trained horses but we as individuals make the choices we are comfortable with. People here are just different and have more of a Cowboy mentality weather you think that is right or wrong. My aunt is an experienced horsewoman and they were in a closed area with my aunt right there. They are all still breathing too and I thought the pics turned out cute
smile.gif

I see many pics of children in the UK being posted on HHO hacking down the roads and streets and also flying over jumps. No matter what equipment you are stuffing them into that is still far more dangerous than the scene in these photos. For some reason if they are covered in yellow refelctive suits and body protectors with a hat on nobody says a word? Not that any of that would help if a car hit them.

Ok...do I need to defend my photos anymore or are we done with that? I really just want to know what the mare would be worth where YOU live to see how different other parts of the world are with horse prices.

vieshot

Visit site
Around £1000. Its fine that you popped you child onboard for a few mins- you obviously trust this filly and you daughter is obviously nowhere near heavy enough to do any damage anyway! ive sat on my 2yo and hes a 13.1hh nf and im 5ft7 and 9.4stone, sitting on them for a minute or two is not going to do any damage! As long as its not a regualr thing i think it can be quite beneficial.

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
god you can never just get an answer on here can you ?
i see a lovely filly who has been well brought up and shouldnt bat an eyelid at a small child having a sit on. all my youngsters have had kiddies just sit on for 2 mins and have grown into nice horses !!
jade shes adorable and i wish she was in england price wise if she was over here £1.5k accounting for a bad market.
a good market £2.5k .temperament looks a1
hope she finds a nice home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!
smile.gif

My aunt is selling her for $200
shocked.gif
I bet someone there would snatch her right up!
grin.gif

Home will be well screened though.

There is a Registered and started three YO Quarter horse with a great show record in halter and wonderful bloodlines here atm for $500! They are going cheap! Our economy is bad and hay has doubled and people are stuggling

Money does not matter to her anyhow, just where she goes.

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
As long as its not a regualr thing i think it can be quite beneficial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!
smile.gif
Then when the real training comes it is not so scarey or strange to them. They are used to someone up there and feel safe

vickyguns

Visit site
That's amazing!...... here in rip off Ireland some bloke would have 5 or 6 thousand earholes on her!... in fact, I bet there's some bloke out here exporting them by now!........ *considers logistics and applying for a loan....
grin.gif

mintaka04

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

My aunt is selling her for $200
shocked.gif
I bet someone there would snatch her right up!
grin.gif

Home will be well screened though.

There is a Registered and started three YO Quarter horse with a great show record in halter and wonderful bloodlines here atm for $500! They are going cheap! Our economy is bad and hay has doubled and people are stuggling

Money does not matter to her anyhow, just where she goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow!!!
That cheap?!?!?!?!?!?
Oh ha ha ha, you're having a laugh now, surely?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Well, if she really is that cheap, and isn't just a huge cardboard-cut-out with a photo stuck on, I would be on the first plane out to the states, I think.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good grief.
You are kidding, aren't you?

AutumnRose

Visit site
She looks lovely, really nice type. with the temprament you descide i'd have said the same as the others....1.5-2.5 depending on where you were in the country.

I hope she finds a lovely home
grin.gif

hellspells

Visit site
Good Lord thats amazing. She is a lovely looking horse, and will give someone an awful lot.

I have no issue with YOUR child SAT on a family members horse. You know your child and your aunt knows her horse. I'm sure your aunt will find her a truly fantastic home and good luck to her xxx

mintaka04

Visit site
Bah! what a pity!

Hell though, that's a real shame your Aunt has to sell for so cheap!
I mean, that's only about £100...not even meat money over here.
I'm sorry to hear that things are so bad in the States at the moment, I hope it doesn't get that bad over here.......but with the rising price of diesel and everything else, I guess it's just a matter of time.
Oh dear, I feel a depression coming on now...

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
This is obviously a post for other USA members because what she may fetch in UK will have little meaning to you Stateside. I have no idea regarding USA prices...sorry
frown.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
This is obviously a post for other USA members because what she may fetch in UK will have little meaning to you Stateside. I have no idea regarding USA prices...sorry
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am well aware of her value here. The post was not meant for other USA members as I wanted to know what she would be valued at where YOU are simply out of cuiosity
smile.gif

carys220

Visit site
I WANT!!!! She is beautiful!!

And am I mistaken or are TBs raced at 2yo by jockeys? Meaning that a TBx can surely hold the weight of a child at 2yo.

I'm sure people just like to criticise on here!

JadeWisc

Visit site
They are raced at 2 but not sure they should be. I am not the expert on racing though so I will stay out of that one I am positive this child is doing no harm though
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
$200!!
shocked.gif
I was going to say $600 mainly based on the fact she's a crossbred and is only a 2 year old. She's lovely and someone has definitely got a bargain there.
smile.gif

Bloody shocking having a 4 stone child on her back though! Crikey the horse needs rescuing from you ...
grin.gif
grin.gif
Only joking of course
smile.gif
. If she were mine she would be being backed this winter - I expect her new owners will also back her this winter/Spring.
smile.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
My aunt said she would give her to me but I am hesitant . My next purchase will be older and have a lot of trail/road miles on it. I am just not one for working with young horses. If I had more room here however.......................