What would you want to see in a for sale video?

Jesstickle

Visit site
When you're buying what are the most useful things to you in a video of a horse?

Answers on a postcard please :D

Leg_end

Visit site
As a bare minimum I want to see transitions in all paces (its pretty telling when they leave on a canter transition on one rein ;) ), a jump off both reins (ideally a cross, straight and spread) plus a trot up.

in an ideal world hacking plus on the road with traffic (if appropriate), show footage (if appropriate), XC - pretty much anything that's been promised in the ad :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
God, it's going to take me forever to get a video together! What do people do who don't have a camera man handy?!

I have plenty of the horse jumping but nothing of it on the flat!

Does it make a difference if the horse is very green and you say so?

Last edited:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Take about 30mins worth - and condense it down to about 2 to 3 mins max.
Walk on each rein, trot & canter - the transitions up & down are very useful.
Popping a jump, run up in hand.

Keep an additional 5 mins seperate to then send as an 'extra' if you want to or need to - you can put stills from comps on this if you want :)

Good luck & have fun filming :)

Note: try to keep the back ground not too 'busy' - best to ensure horse is the centre of the viewing & not the car park etc with someone elses tatty lorry, also cut out the sound on the vid if its windy or people are shouting in the background ;)

Jesstickle

Visit site
I'm sorry. I really thought I had posted this in NL! I will ask TFC to move it.

I have hair dye on my head so I can't wear my glasses and therefore can barely see the screen in front of me :eek:

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
It depends how much your selling him for - if it is less than £2000 I would just use what video you have and get some good pictures on the flat. If your selling him for more and think a flatwork video would help then maybe someone who would be tempted by the offer of a few free drinks would be your camera man ;)

hnmisty

Visit site
I would also expect walk, trot and canter on both reins, a jump on both reins (or a video from an SJ course if you have one).

Depending on what you're selling her as, a video of her hacking down the road (to save minutes of "here we are plodding along an empty road", you could just cut to bits where traffic is passing, esp tractors, lorries etc if you encounter any). If you have some XC footage then throw that in, but I wouldn't be fussed of you only had pics of her doing XC.

Bribe a skint teenager to record you riding? :p

Jesstickle

Visit site
It's five and it hasn't ever even been XC schooling. It's mental green. I'm not even riding the beggar at the moment so I guess I'll have to try and liase to be the camera man with its rider but I am naff at it! It really is fine with tractors but I think I'd have to wait days to actually catch one passing us unfortunately :p If only my OH was more proactive with the video camer I'd have all this stuff already. Typical useless, lazy, x-box playing man :mad: :p

Lolo

Visit site
If she's going to be cheap, and if you're going to say about the hock, I'd want her trotting up and a brief walk/ trot/ canter on the lunge. Then whatever you've got that shows her off- popping a few fences including a double, and some photos of her on the flat...

If she was more expensive, I'd want more but as she's cheap but quality I reckon people will want to see her jump and will want to know she's sound. Everything else falls into place...