what's everyone expecting in 2014??

texas

Visit site
I've not covered anything this year, and I don't think I'm going to miss the stress of it next year at all!

Love following all the foaling threads. So, what is everyone else expecting next year??

Kacey88

Visit site
My first foal is due 5th April and I cannot wait, mare is already showing (not a maiden) so I worry much less now! She is an Irish Draught/Coloured pony cross and is in foal to RID Hillviewfarm Superstar. This is the lady herself last year:

gjk0.jpg

Hoping for a nice steady all rounder, hopefully be good enough for working hunter maybe a small hunter type. Or even a cob type. Mum is a dream to be around and ride as is dad and that's my main concern.

I have my foaling kit nearly ready... that sums up my anticipation!

Thanks for starting this thread, I will read with interest to find other fist timers.

DuckToller

Visit site
My Renkum Valentino mare is in foal, and I don't know who the daddy is!

Not quite as hopeless as that sounds, she went to my friend's stud and was covered by his stallion, but she didn't take. So next time they covered her with a stallion that they were standing for someone else, but I didn't catch his name when they rang to tell me she had been scanned in foal, and he isn't on their website. I will have to pop up and speak to them, but I am pretty sure he is a Voltaire grandson, so that's a double Voltaire dose.

TheMule

Visit site
I'm expecting my first- an embryo transfer foal from my Fleetwater Opposition mare, by Fabrice Van Overis who's a super little jumper by For Pleasure.

I'm very excited, all is going well so far, she's due May 10th so fingers crossed all stays healthy

Highclerexc2.jpg

eventrider23

Visit site
Just the one due for me personally and that is an H Tobago foal out of my darling graded Trakehner mare HP Venezia (HG Soloman x Consul x Amagun). We will have a couple of other exciting foals due though including a Metall and a Fidertanz.

elijahasgal

Visit site
Just one due, out of my Carnaval Drum/Armstrong/Voltaire mare x Matterhorn full sibling, should be nice, so far all I bred her to have had Ramiro on sire as well, and so far all have been super foals, (Elite, High first, Potential stallion, and 2nd highest UKWPN dressage colt!! ) So this should be a cracker ;)

sallyf

Visit site
2 for me so far as one has resorbed.
A Check in X Poetic Justice which we think is a filly and a Cordess X Tout ensemble that looks like its a colt.

aed

Visit site
Sire is the great ringfort cruise .. Son of cruising..and my mare is a vechta ..flagmount diamond mare.

mybutterfly

Visit site
My lovely trekenher mare is in foal to caretino glory! I'm a first timer and so is she so lots of nerves but I have a lovely team of people to help me!

We went to see Caretino Glory last week and LOVED him. Shirley at brendon could not have been more helpful, we go to chat to him in the stable, nicely laid back and then see him jump in competition. As soon as he came into the collecting ring he made everything else seem ordinary! He oozes presence and skipped round a 1.30 track as though it wasn't there!

I'd be delighted with a clone of the mother but if I got some of his quality too I'd be over the moon but I know it's a very long way to go yet!

htobago

Visit site
Just the one due for me personally and that is an H Tobago foal out of my darling graded Trakehner mare HP Venezia (HG Soloman x Consul x Amagun). We will have a couple of other exciting foals due though including a Metall and a Fidertanz.

Can't wait to see your new Tobago/Venezia baby - as you know, she's one of my all-time favourite mares!

No foals of my own, as I can only afford to keep one horse, but I love seeing all his babies every year. :)

Bedlam

Visit site
Haven't covered anything this year but am enjoying trying to decide what to use on my Mill Law x Jumbo x Rock King girlie next year. Have quite a long list at the moment so will need to whittle it down a bit over the winter.....Chilli Morning is winning at the moment.

Rollin

Visit site
What a lot of expensive sounding foals on the way.

One of my much loved CB mares and the one with the best temperament ever, is in foal to our own Shagya stallion Under Milkwood. We have tried to put her in foal twice before via AI (his dam's sire in Hungary) and natural covering his sire in France (European Champion). No luck.

Woody did the job after one cycle and she had twins!!! We are quite excited as we will have waited 9 years for this foal.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
What a lot of expensive sounding foals on the way.

One of my much loved CB mares and the one with the best temperament ever, is in foal to our own Shagya stallion Under Milkwood. We have tried to put her in foal twice before via AI (his dam's sire in Hungary) and natural covering his sire in France (European Champion). No luck.

Woody did the job after one cycle and she had twins!!! We are quite excited as we will have waited 9 years for this foal.

One of my mares has 1/4 Schagya blood, I did consider going down that route, but struggled to find a stallion, so a warmblood it is :)

Rollin

Visit site
One of my mares has 1/4 Schagya blood, I did consider going down that route, but struggled to find a stallion, so a warmblood it is :)

I too struggled when we lived in Scotland it cost a fortune to import Shagya semen from Hungary. You might be interested to know that Woody's sire Tatianus has frozen semen available which is shipped all over the world. Tat and his sire Jeremius were both EU Champions) Something to think of for the future - I actually think my boy is nicer that his daddy as he has much more bone.

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
I'll have made the big move to live with OH in Scotland not long before his Standardbred mares are due to foal. All three have been scanned in foal so we are expecting a Hasty Hall (top producing sire in the UK for 7 years in a row) out of Tates Creek by Western Ideal (1.48 mark and winner of $1.4million) plus two Mypanmar's (lifetime record in the US of 1.48 and $1.7million to his name) out of Saunders Beachgirl and Coalford Tracey. OH is also planning on flying to America in November to buy an American mare at the sales, so we could be expecting four!

What I'm most excited about is what colour the foals will be, as Mypanmar is a chestnut (not particularly common amongst Standardbreds), with Saunders Beachgirl being black (producing black foals in the past) and Coalford Tracey being bay by a grey stallion.

Fingers crossed as this will be our first year breeding under our new prefix - the start of a successful venture I hope!

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
I too struggled when we lived in Scotland it cost a fortune to import Shagya semen from Hungary. You might be interested to know that Woody's sire Tatianus has frozen semen available which is shipped all over the world. Tat and his sire Jeremius were both EU Champions) Something to think of for the future - I actually think my boy is nicer that his daddy as he has much more bone.

Unfortunately, I suspect that the current cooking foal is my mare's last one :( She is 20 and it might be time to give her a good retirement, as she is a poor doer and the foals do bring her down, and it gets more and more difficult for her to bounce back as the years go by. She's had a hard little life, competing internationally and has given me 2 foals up to date, with the third one in the oven :)

mybutterfly

Visit site
Yay! Had my mare's 45 day scan today and the blob is still there!! And now it's got a heart beat! So exciting! Thanks so much to everyone on here for sensible advice when I thought it had slipped.

Having now met Caretino Glory and daughter Sussex Caretino in the flesh I'm even more excited about my 2014 foal!

Tinks81

Visit site
My lovely trekenher mare is in foal to caretino glory! I'm a first timer and so is she so lots of nerves but I have a lovely team of people to help me!

We went to see Caretino Glory last week and LOVED him. Shirley at brendon could not have been more helpful, we go to chat to him in the stable, nicely laid back and then see him jump in competition. As soon as he came into the collecting ring he made everything else seem ordinary! He oozes presence and skipped round a 1.30 track as though it wasn't there!

I'd be delighted with a clone of the mother but if I got some of his quality too I'd be over the moon but I know it's a very long way to go yet!

Oh i love ralphy too !!! he is some horse and is amazing over a fence !! I chose Paris though (DOn VHP) who was sold last year

Tinks81

Visit site
My mare is now on day 76 and in foal to Balou de Rouet, her lines are Concorde/ Samber so providing it all goes to plan I hope it'll turn out a jumper

oh I have a balou du rouet she is lovely - her temperment is fantastic and they all jump and and move lovely !!