What's everyone up to tonight..?

Queenbee

Visit site
I am currently feeling very spoilt, I have spent a lovely afternoon with the horses and whilst there both my parents came up to see me and horses, I got to be all proud and showoffy. Went shopping and got some really nice purple joules lace muckers, must have tripped and thrown my credit card at the cashier by mistake because I would never normally spend £55 squid on a pair of muckers :eek: (but they are pretty lush)

OH wanted me to go out, but I have sent him out with his mates and opted to go and stay night with parents, I can smell fantastic food, garlic and ginger, dad is doing a culinary masterpiece as we speak, Pirates of the carribean is now showing on sky box office, I have a glass of wine in my hand, squeaky clean from bath and absolutely nothing to do tonight but curl up with my pooch and watch film with my dad.

I feel so spoilt :D I may be 31yrs old but there is something fab about spending an evening being a daughter... not lifting a finger and chilling for the evening.

What you all doing this fine evening?

Oh and if you have a drink in your hand... cheers :D

PolarSkye

Visit site
Your evening sounds lovely! Enjoy (and I'm raising a glass of red to you).

I'm sitting in my lounge (in my jammies) on the big sofa with my feet up on the ottoman getting toasted by a roaring fire. I have a glass of wine nearby, chicken is roasting in the oven. The girls are in the family room watching old musicals (they've been into town shopping today) and have laid mattresses and duvets on the floor in preparation for a sleepover (Em has a friend over). We will watch X Factor (hopefully while eating the chicken - depending on when it's ready) and then I've bookmarked The Other Boleyn Girl for me at 9.45 :D.

It's pretty much a perfect autumn evening . . . cheers m'dears!

P

ghost&secret

Visit site
I am currently feeling very spoilt, I have spent a lovely afternoon with the horses and whilst there both my parents came up to see me and horses, I got to be all proud and showoffy. Went shopping and got some really nice purple joules lace muckers, must have tripped and thrown my credit card at the cashier by mistake because I would never normally spend £55 squid on a pair of muckers :eek: (but they are pretty lush)

OH wanted me to go out, but I have sent him out with his mates and opted to go and stay night with parents, I can smell fantastic food, garlic and ginger, dad is doing a culinary masterpiece as we speak, Pirates of the carribean is now showing on sky box office, I have a glass of wine in my hand, squeaky clean from bath and absolutely nothing to do tonight but curl up with my pooch and watch film with my dad.

I feel so spoilt :D I may be 31yrs old but there is something fab about spending an evening being a daughter... not lifting a finger and chilling for the evening.

What you all doing this fine evening?

Oh and if you have a drink in your hand... cheers :D

Beautiful !! and cheers to you too

Also spent all day with horses, riding for about five hours, cleaned tack, and pottered for the rest of the afternoon. Have got soaked several times, dried out and then got soaked again but it didn't matter ! Even stuffed twenty odd haynets for the week ahead !

Now home, (spoilt as housekeeper has been in today, lovely clean house, and she's put a chicken and Garlic casserole in the oven,) Have had deep hot bath, glass of red and now curled upon sofa with dog, wine and good food, tired but happy ! and looking forward to tomorrow a day at the Dressage Nationals !!

Last edited:

purplelady

Visit site
Hello l am doing nothing the now but texing this. good to hear all is fine. l am just back on the site and it's good to be back The site is even just as great as it was if not better going now Purplelady

MrsHutt

Visit site
How lovely all these sound! Funny how much red wine is involved!! ;)

I have had a lovely day up at the yard, too - excellent lesson, lovely hack out with a friend (avoiding showers!), LOADS of washing done and dry (in between showers) and now looking forward to excellent steak dinner, X-factor and glass of red! :D:D

Simple pleasures, eh?

ps: Black_Horse_White I remember sobbing my socks off at a programme on tv about 'empty nest syndrome' and children going off to uni, thinking it will be terrible. My son was 2 at the time!!

He's now 21 and living back at home TEMPORARILY!!! (I hope! ;) )while his new flat is finished! Just enjoy the space, she'll be back soon enough! x

DougalJ

Visit site
I've got the most strangest of nights...I'm totally on my own all night for the first time in 17 years!! Husband and son away on a cricket tour, other son staying over at a friends. I actually don't want to go out. Had an offer to go to a local carnival with friends but no I want a night in on my own! Its feels very weird but I'm LOVING it!

PolarSkye

Visit site
I'm sitting at home very sad, just got back from leaving my one and only daughter at Uni :-((

Oh Sweetheart . . . I won't say she'll be alright - because she will (and you know it) . . . but you will too. I'm sure you miss her terribly . . . I'm dreading sending either of mine off . . . doesn't seem but minutes since they were just babes in arms.

Toasting you and and your lovely daughter tonight.

P

spookypony

Visit site
Some white wine involved here---a burgundy. I'm on the second glass! Just finished up my roast chicken and salad and olives. Met a friend in the afternoon and ate 1/2 victoria sponge, then went to yard where I poo-picked a bit, followed by a hack that commenced just as the rain started, and finished just as the rain stopped. It was only the Spooky Pony's 2nd time out since the mud fever, and he and the ginger mare we were accompanying really seemed to enjoy winding each other up.

Now for a nice crime novel, and maybe some Monty Python! :)

ghost&secret

Visit site
I've got the most strangest of nights...I'm totally on my own all night for the first time in 17 years!! Husband and son away on a cricket tour, other son staying over at a friends. I actually don't want to go out. Had an offer to go to a local carnival with friends but no I want a night in on my own! Its feels very weird but I'm LOVING it!

Gosh that must feel weird to you ! but totally understand how you feel by wanting to stay in and not party with dear friends, just enjoy that time on your own. Your own space. I still love that feeling, Horses all done and tucked up in bed, hot bath, pooch all walked and snoring on sofa, glass of red on table and some good food and I've been living on my own for 10 yrs plus - wouldn't change it for anything !! - selfish or what !! lol x

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
I'd have a glass in my hand and toasting my 2nd ever post on this forum (just joined) but I've just emerged after a 24 hour migraine so instead am under a blanket on sofa with greyhound and cup of tea and looking forward to violent french crime drama in half an hour! No horse-work today, OH checked him and apparently he looked relieved to have a day off...

flying solo

Visit site
Oh LWO that is exciting! I'm watching xfactor (sad I know) in peace for a change OH is out at football, child is in bed and i'm having vodka drinks whilst shopping for trailer parts :) ! I'll happily share my Chase vodka with you all xxx

orionstar

Visit site
Sat blubbing over photos of my horse i've just sold and drinking "white" wine after spending a day looking for a light weight rug in all the tack shops I could think of, but being unsucessfull, i'm now off to e-bay. OH has just agreed to put the fire on for the first time since March (because someone agreed to a chainsaw purchase)- bliss!