What's similar to a kawasaki mule?

catembi

Visit site
I wanted to get a quad for grading the school, topping & spraying the fields & possibly towing a paddock sweeper. 4 acres of sloping clay. However, I think that I might be a bit scared of a quad bike, & I was also scared of my compact tractor. The Kawasaki Mule looks more car like & less frightening, but what else is there that's similar & what search terms should I be using to find them? Thank you! :)

Sprig

Visit site
Why don't you get a cheap 4x4? I do all those jobs in mine. Then you will have heating, a radio and windows. It will probably be cheaper too.

twiggy2

Visit site
Honda pioneer is another similar vehicle.
I would get a cheap 4 x 4 much nicer to do all those jobs in.
The mule costs another £600 odd plus VAT for a heater that the salesman is not very good and they are not cheap to start with

catembi

Visit site
Thanks for all the ideas. I am liking the John Deere Gator atm... Wouldn't a 4x4 car be quite big for grading a 20x40 arena & pulling a paddock sweeper? We only have 4 acres in total! I just remember how big my Landcruiser was!

twiggy2

Visit site
We have a Can am 6 wheeler and 2 kawasaki quads, the can am has been the most unreliable heap of metal that I have ever used, the customer service hasn't helped its cause to be fair but it has had gear box issues since we have been here (15 months), the mechanics kept saying there was nothing wrong with it and it kept breaking down and having to go back, its 3 hrs each way with a trailer on, they don't collect or drop off and even told us one time we could hire a replacement while they had it in for the third time in 2 weeks (during lambing when we need it most and can't leave the estate), eventually the gear box went completely and they told us its because we leave it running!!! Yep when I have to jump off to catch a ewe struggling to lamb it gets left running as do all the other vehicles and that has never been an issue before.
Cant wait for it to go as a trade in for the mule or a new kawasaki.
I wouldn't touch another one with a barge pole.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I am desperately struggling not to answer your title question with "an Amakusa hinny"

Oops, failed, sorry ?

catembi

Visit site
What would happen if I used my lorry (Renault Master van conversion) to tow a manege grader? It suddenly occurred to me today while I was pottering about that my lorry has a tow bar. I have an Economy Track surface which is sand mixed with fibre, so it needs their proper bit of equipment to maintain it. I know it would probably mean a lot of reversing & faffing, but could I actually buy the grader now and tow it with the lorry, while saving up for something smaller & more appropriate?

Trackmaster Range - Equestrian Surfaces Ltd

I think that the Trackmaster just needs a tow bar & not a PTO...? I was raking out the track by hand at the weekend...!

hock

Visit site
We have a Polaris ranger and it’s brilliant. Apart from it’s horrible to get in reverse but that maybe me. It came with canvas doors which we’ve removed and in summer it’s a great shade and good in winter too.

RHM

Visit site
Think that would depend on the weight of your lorry and the surface. Our yard used a small tractor for a couple of months and they compacted the surface and now it floods. The contractor that came out said to fix it, it would all need digging out ?‍♀️ That is sand with quite a bit of rubber on.
They use a gator now for the indoor.

Steerpike

Visit site
We have a Honda Pioneer and find its brilliant, it's managed to do the work we need it to do on our 32 acres. If going for new be warned we had to wait for a couple of months as they were in short supply and this was from the biggest UK dealership.