Whats the best horsey thing you have that you couldn't live without ?

Porkie

Visit site
Whats your best horsey buy ? or thing you have that you just couldn't live without ???

Mine is actually not a 'thing' so much but ...... my close horsey friends. Just couldn't do without them!! They are the most valuble thing I have!!
smile.gif

Apart from that its my decahedron (sp?) ball, my horse loves his apples and carrots in that of a evening, its his nightime treat and won't settle if I don't put it in before I leave!!!
crazy.gif

teapot

Visit site
with the current weather & only being able to ride in outdoor arenas - my musto snug. Have worn it in monsoon like rain and still been dry underneath

Nari

Visit site
U Gard Plus by Equine America, it's the only thing that drastically reduces Jim's cribbing (I hesitate to say "stops" but it's very very rare to see him do it nowadays).

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
does the actual horse count :p

i cant choose just one... though i do have rather a large collection of fugs so its probably rugs lol I just love seeing him all snug and wrapped up in winter
grin.gif

air78

www.ctwequine.com
My Rambo Duo rug- I LOVE it! Even more with the weather we've been having lately.
I put it on him the other morning when he was soaking wet and shivering (thermatex was in the wash), when I came to check on him a few hours later he was bone dry and snuggly, as was the rug- it's amazing!

Nari

Visit site
U-Gard is £59.90 for a tub that lasts 40 days (but they recommend double dosing for the first 60 days). It is a bit pricey but it's the only thing that works for him.

Alibear

Visit site
My Rice Richardson trailer, cost £3k 8 years ago , had never ever let me down and only cost me £500 on maintenance in that time. Tows like a dream and never had a horse refuse to go on it (she says not having tried new boy on i yet)

mickey

Visit site
Couldn't live with out my horse or very supportive oh.
Other than that, my equimats are fantastic. Also love pikeur breeches and my ariat boots. Also pasture mix (Mickey lives off it) and Extraflex HA (feedmark joint supp).

Bess

Visit site
Of course the horse comes first, but I love my Ariat Glazier boots in the winter, they keep my feet so warm and dry, his Horsewear Ireland H/W t/o rug and my Mark Todd breeches.

Halfstep

Visit site
My lovely Ideal 1650 Dressage saddle!

And my Bucas heavyweight full neck rug which my horse lives in (in stable and field) all winter, never rubs or moves and rarely needs anything under it.

My Ariat boots and chaps as I wear them every single day of my life, they are the most comfortable things to ride in ever, and although they have gone through three zips and look a bit battered they are still going strong!

Jackie_L

Visit site
I've got different things for different horses! For my sweet itch pony its got to be his Boett blanket. For my cob its my treeless saddle - soooo comfy and for my mini its just him cus he's so sweet!!!
laugh.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Can I choose more than one?

rhino wug... we have been through some rugs, and this is the only one which keeps him dry AND he hasnt wrecked. when it's muddy I simply hose it down and it stays water tight.

two metal curry comb things, one is long with metal teeth, the other three circles of metal blades... they're fab for muddy coats, and for getting moulting coats out.

Twilight

Visit site
My water proof wrap around exercise sheet. Keeps me and him warm and dry on those cold winter hacks. Makes life in winter soo much more pleasant for us both.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Canter Mail & Tail Shine for knotty tails.

American curry comb - that spikey round metal thing that xxKatyxx talks about!

Wither bag for carrying (bait) horse treats to catch 'monster munch' (Shetland pony) when we're out hacking, and my sandwiches of course!