Whats the best make bridle??

beenleighford

www.lauracocking.webs
I'm looking for a nice quality leather brown snaffle bridle- pref padded headpiece and not a really chunky noseband (we need a flash attachment though). I love the jefferies ones but they are just so expensive! Any suggestions?

Thankyou :D

ironhorse

Visit site
Collegiate is OK for the price; I like the Mark Todd ones and they are about £100 so not too pricey...worth paying for quality though, especially if you ride outside a lot and it's likely to get wet/muddy. Cheap leather does not wear anywhere near as well and quickly goes hard.

Tanta

Visit site
Albion - worth every penny and last forever. Best prices I found on Natinoal Saddle Centre site - and I liked it as you can buy the bridle without the reins, which I preferred.

ellie_e

Visit site
Albion - worth every penny and last forever. Best prices I found on Natinoal Saddle Centre site - and I liked it as you can buy the bridle without the reins, which I preferred.

Bought mine from National saddle centre who were fab when i needed to change the noseband,you order the bridle in seperate sections its great!

Tiffany

Visit site
I'm looking for a nice quality leather brown snaffle bridle- pref padded headpiece and not a really chunky noseband (we need a flash attachment though). I love the jefferies ones but they are just so expensive! Any suggestions?

Thankyou :D

I was going to say Albion although they aren't cheap either.

georgiegirl

Visit site
I use jaguar (harry dabbs) bridles which are beautiful - can be picked up at a reasonable price on ebay too - we were lucky last year and got ours for £35 brand new

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I like Jeffries or Sabre. I've bought good second hand ones on e bay - I'd be inclined to do that rather than buy a cheaper brand. They look great for years and years...

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Is it just me that finds Collegiate's sizings really funny? A cob sized one was too short for Wilby's face, despite my other cob-sized bridle fitting him on the shortest settings :confused: Maybe I just got a duff one?

Capriole

Visit site
I like jeffries or hand made to measure :)

Im happy to save up for a nice bridle, I think decent tack is worth the money spent on it.

PortwayPaddy

Visit site
It is worth saving for an Albion KB or Elevator.

My Albion comes up great everytime as does my Elevator. The fit on both is excellent.

The National Saddle Centre are great and have a combination fitting table for every part of the bridle. Jo does all my saddle work so knew which size to send.

The only thing with Albion KB bridles is the noseband, they are not interchanagable with any other make. They buckle both sides to the head piece. Check out the pictures on the Albion site. buying a new noseband can run you into the £80 mark. So make sure the one you choose is one you really need.

Paddy

MeganLindsx

Visit site
I have a heritage bridle with a padded headband and its soo nice! I've had it for ages and can't remember how much it was but I'm guessing cheaper then Jefferies and Albion!
:D

mudmonkey17

Visit site
I always but sabre bridles as leather lovely, they fit well and look like new for ever. Can usually pick good second hand ones off ebay that look like new :)

Tinker_Belle

Visit site
I am a Jefferies or Sabre fan. For me, they can't be beaten however I do not compete so not sure whether that would make a difference to you or not. For quality and the fact it is supporting the British economoy it is Jefferies or Sabre for me all the time. Gorgeous leather work and built to last forever :).