What's the funniest thing to happen in the ring???? Lets have a laugh.

SHAYTAY

Visit site
The sun is shining here and im stuck at work totally bored:
so - lets hear your funny stories of the funniest thing that happened whilst in the dressage arena or showring (or even SJing!)

louisevictoria

Visit site
at my first BSJA show, I came round a corner to a double, all I saw the other side of the fence (outside the ring) was my boyfriend in a white t-shirt, stopped concentrating on what I was doing and we had a very comical stop - which resulted in a very unstylish dismount. Now very funny but at the time I was mortified.

lauraandjack

Visit site
I can remember sitting in line in an equitation class waiting to do my individual show and idly watching the showjumping in the ring next door.

One girl managed to fall off and land in the long grass and all I could see was a pair of boots waving above the grass while ponio legged it for the exit.

Very funny at the time (although probably not for her!)

Queenbee

Visit site
I remember when the horse in my signature had just started to learn to jump. We entered a local working hunter class, she was ace over the jumps but a real baggage in the show because the jumps were in the arena and she thought that that was her new job so she kept trying to take me to them. When it came time to let her rip and extend the canter the judge was heard to say 'Is that controlled..? No I don't think it is!' and giggled as I handbraked it round the corner on my slightly enthusiastic mare!!! Couldn't help but laugh and grin from ear to ear and I still didn't come last (even got a rosette!)

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
as a child, i spent a very long time teaching my pony not to stop dead in front of the jump... my method at the time was to make him jump the jump without stepping back/turning round... to avoid the 3 faults... he became quite good at jumping from a standstill (blush)

anyhoo, i was given a place in our PC SJ team and almost wet myself... we were at our first comp, and we'd all jumped. for some reason i had to jump again (maybe it was a jump off or something?) so everything was on me... we did really well, jumped clear until the last jump.. when he stopped. i wasn't expecting it, so i carried on... landed in a heap the other side... ponio thought 'oops' and jumped from standstill... and landed on me. broke my hat and all my fingers on my right hand. i was soooooooo mortified. i barely noticed the pain i was in...

welshied

Visit site
When in the showing ring horse decided he,d had enough and jumped over the electric fence with me on board lol

happyhaffie

Visit site
i can remeber my first show with my welsh cob, it was his first time in the ring aswell, the first jump was facing downwards and you could see the riding class in the next ring (just a rope between them) well he obvisouly liked what they were doing better, he jumped the first jump took hold of the bit and jumped the rope into the riding class i have never been so embarrased than id was their, but i do find it realy funny now, the look on peoples faces was very amusing

Fazzie

Visit site
Probably for me was when my parents bought me a lovely new jumping pony as my other pony used to cat leap so I went flying round the ring on the new pony jumping everything and doing really well, thought it was all down to how good i was
blush.gif
so decided I'll take cat leap pony in, went round with giving alot of encouragment, he stopped at the double i did the traditional pony club kick we jumped from a stand still landed and then i managed to fall off!!!
blush.gif

i was completely mortified as EVERYONE was watching
he did redeem himself in the gymkhana later in the day to win overall
cool.gif

mind you also ended up going in the open jumping on new pony to redeem myself!!!
tongue.gif

TelH

Visit site
Was in a class at a show last year, the judge had picked her final 6 (I was 4th), walked up and down the line then at the last minute moved me up to 3rd. Child who got relegated to 4th pointed to my pony and said at top of voice "that's a really ugly pony."
shocked.gif

Murphy88

Visit site
I took my pony to PC area jumping when i was about 12. Neither of us were very big, but she is an ace jumper so we did the 3'3" class - all was going well until we came to a big upright. Pony slammed her brakes on, I flew over her head and landed on the pole. I obviously didn't weigh alot as the pole stayed up and I ended up stuck on it, because I couldn't touch the ground.

And one not involving me.... at a local RC show a few years ago, someone fell off in the SJ ring. The judge called for first aid, at which point a rather podgy St Johns woman came running over and promptly fell over the rope around the ring, and ended up needing first aid herself.

E_Lister

Visit site
At a small show locally I was riding my friends little pony around the jumps, he was really good all the way round which was a miracle and it made me forget to be wary, one of the last jumps had used some straw bales as fillers and as I cantered round the corner as he never ever ate straw, he saw the bales and came to a standstill with his head down, resulting in me sliding down his nack. It was even funny at the time and as I knew everyone at the show I didn't feel TOO ashamed.

bhpride

Visit site

hmm when I was 14 entering a prelim kicking, flapping and doing ALL the work (no I was not any good) somehow through sympathy I think, I qualified for the regional semi finals though lol.

Unfortunately the pony was on share and his owner had a 16hh dressage horse competing at novice level and proper dedicated about dressage - mother was an instructor. She didn't qualify for the semi and a massive huff, demanded that we leave straight away and it was made worse when she'd been given the same score as me for riding (a 5)
blush.gif
blush.gif
It wasn't a happy day for her.
grin.gif
Told me I wasn't going to the final either if I got that far LOL.

Makes me smile whenever I think about it
grin.gif

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I took my pony to PC area jumping when i was about 12. Neither of us were very big, but she is an ace jumper so we did the 3'3" class - all was going well until we came to a big upright. Pony slammed her brakes on, I flew over her head and landed on the pole. I obviously didn't weigh alot as the pole stayed up and I ended up stuck on it, because I couldn't touch the ground.

And one not involving me.... at a local RC show a few years ago, someone fell off in the SJ ring. The judge called for first aid, at which point a rather podgy St Johns woman came running over and promptly fell over the rope around the ring, and ended up needing first aid herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Queenbee

Visit site
I remember one time on my old pony... the entire day was hilarious actually. We took pick's up to exeter and stayed with friends. At the time they had a really annoying and rude german exchange student who thought she was the dogs b@l@cks at riding. She had continually nagged to ride one of the horses. We hacked to a local show which was about 6 miles away with my daemon pony jogging all the bloody way! The exchange student went in the car. we did a few shows and jumping, one of which was a team relay, my friend laura was riding her mthers horse polly, polly despised pick's and kept trying to bite him ont the bum, as quick as she was chasing him to bite him, he was trying to get away with laura nad I trying desperatly to pass the batton at the same time (there are some quite comical photos!)

All day this irritating exchange student had been banging on nagging for a ride so when time came for us to ride home and I was exhausted i sweetly turned round and offerend her to ride pickles home got in the car and waved at her and my friends with a big smirk on my face, she came home white as a sheet, was silent all night and skipped her tea and was aching from his jogging for days!!!!

Stacie_and_Jed

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but AROFPMSL!!

That is the funniest thing i have ever heard!
laugh.gif
grin.gif

ladyearl

vvv
Not my story but I do have a friend who once owned a really naughty although talented jumping pony. He would do everything he could do ditch her and leave the scene of the crime asap. He has many stories but I do think one of the funniest was when he ditched his rider and then proceed to gallop about the show ground including a trip through the catering tent!!

junglediva

Visit site
this was really embarasing. was riding youngster in welsh cob class... and suprisingly i came first. was so excited that i shoved the rossete on his browband u know like u do wen u win u stick it the browband dont u anyway. horses had a massive heart attack like the rostete was going to eat him and ran round the ring sideways trying to get away from it with me still on board. couldnt stop him and he wasnt looking where he was going either.. finally stopped when i grabbed the rossette and he went back to his lathargic (sp) personaltiy. looked over at judge and other competitiors and their mouths were wide open. i just giggled and said ''oh silly horse'' but i was cringing inside!!:)

algy666

www.bebo.com
Dylan binned me in the warm up area at a show once ... he wouldn't concentrate so I was working him in circles because he kept trying to go back to his mates at the lorry. Put him into canter, as soon as I turned his head away from the lorry he started bucking and I flew off, landing almost underneath someone else's horse (who, luckily, wasn't moving at the time). Dylan, naturally, b*ggered off back to the lorry at high speed
mad.gif

Rode one of the school horses in a show at our yard, he's a 17hh IDX; I hadn't ridden him in ages and had forgotten his horrible sprawly canter ... put him into canter for a jump, completely lost my seat and ended up on his withers - which hurt - with my hat over my eyes; then did the next 3 jumps like that before I finally managed to get my ass back in the saddle! I maintain the only thing that kept me on was how far it was to the ground lol.

silverbullet

Visit site

CobGal

Visit site
I was doing my very first ODE on my first pony - Dressage was most definatley not our strong point....We made it through the test got the the halt/immob/salute which my pony executed beautifully, as I raised my arm to salute he made a kind of gurgling noise and regurgitated a sausage - Much to the audiences amusement!

Little did I know my younger brother had tried to feed him a whole sausage roll just before I got on.....