What's the funniest thing you have been chased by whilst out Riding

Carefreegirl

Visit site
A pile of Bracken........... I was pootling up the woods when a guy coming the other way threw his springer a stick, the dog bounced after it through the undergrowth emerging covered in bracken. The dog didnt know where it was so ran blindly up to me still covered in bracken and making very strange noises, my horse froze and I picked a bit of the track that I thought looked the softest for me to hit when I fell off ! Luckily I didn't but it just reminded me of the Adventure game on tv many years ago where they had to avoid the bush.............

kirstyfk

Visit site
My sister had to chase her horse home for 2 miles! He dumped her at the furthest point from home and just kept 20 meters in front of her. If she ran he trotted and if she walked he walked. He even crossed a busy road. Eventually he stopped ...... in a puddle..... so she had to get her feet wet, cheeky pony. Added to this, it was a freezing cold day so she had 3 jackets, 2 pairs of glove and her full chaps on. So after running for 2 miles she was getting quite warm.

Bryndu

Visit site
The cellophane wrapper from a cigarette packet chased my TB down the road and at one point I was not sure who would win the race!!!!:)
Bryndu

Charlie007

Visit site
I was riding through a local village and my horse was unsettled by something behind. I heard a woman shouting Phoebe (sp?) Phoebe!! I looked round expecting to see a dog but it was a piglet. The lady had rescued it and it had got out of her kitchen!!

dibbin

Visit site
A Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy :p much cuteness, but I was VERY worried he'd get squished!

The most traumatic was ... a branch. It got stuck in Dylan's tail and I had to try and dismount to remove it while he was going ballistic because he thought it was chasing him!

dad_io

Visit site
We were on the grass gallops when my cob started spooking at something behind. I looked over my shoulder and a chinese lantern was rolling up the slope towards us like something out of The Prisoner tv show :eek: Thankfully the wind blew it further out so it didnt come too close.

eirewhisper

Visit site
Two racer/trotters pulling (sulkies?)2-wheelers on a hack through the forest! Cob thought they were going to eat him I think! They carried on after us even when I was bolted with :p Charming.

The funniest thing that's ever chased us was when I was riding my old (now decd) Anglo through a housing estate - a small child thing ran after us throwing it's plastic toys at us until horse spun round to look- bairn wasnt so brave when looking a snorting beast in the face! Gave me a laugh though! :)

Charem

Visit site
A cheetah. We were trying a new ride that took us through the grounds of an animal park; we got a bit lost and it was a very traumatic day. First we met camels, then emus and walabees (sp?) and the final straw was the cheetah that stalked us along it's enclosure. I don't think my horse has ever moved so fast!

noname

Visit site
A Farmer and a gun:
My brother convinced me he knew a great short cut that was a lovely canter. Man came running out with a gun "GET OF MY LAND"!!!

I also got charged by a bull when I was musteering (playing cowgirls) in australia!!!

Dogstar

Visit site
These are great. I have been chased by gypsy children throwing stones (we turned round and chased them back, into a shrubbery) a Hells Angel and once, a large portion of hedge which attached itself to my mare's tail during an interesting fall at a large team chase hedge out hunting. My poor mare bolted over several fields, terrified of the scary hedge attachment, while I watched helplessly from the turf as the grey projectile disappeared into the distance..

SusannaF

susannaforrest.wordpress.com
A pram.

I was toddling along the bridlepath on a twenty-something cob who'd done ten years in a riding school and was pretty bombproof, and was just about to say good morning to a chap pushing one of those old-fashioned, high-wheeled prams towards us when the cob did a 180 and legged it in the opposite direction :eek:

CuriousGeorge

Visit site
On a 13.2 pony I was riding at work, we went into the hay field and the Hall's deer herd was there. Little pony was a grey, and thanks to a white stag (sadly he was poached) we have white deer floating in the herd. The white deer decided to follow us!