Whats the likelihood of me finding an Automatic horsebox????

kezimac

Visit site
seems to be none for sale - would prefer 3.5t only as smaller to drive - plus dont need a 7.5t as only one 16hh horse.
And looking to spend max £8k

have looked on here, BD, ebay, searched the internet - does anyone know any great sites to look for boxes?

kezimac

Visit site
no chance then! - I struggle with manual since my back op as i have nerve damage in left leg from sciaticia so find it hard with a clutch. grr. such a pain trying to find one,

kezimac

Visit site
cheers -both above budget which is why had discounted them.

oh well will just continue my daily googling - it was just in case someone knew of a garage that perhaps specializes in auto's? etc like cars.

Andiamo

Visit site
I went through the same search - but found all the automatic horseboxes to be in the region of £15K upwards. Very expensive!
I've ended up buying a second car instead - an automatic 3.7 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with tow bar and an Ifor Williams trailer. It was much easier than finding an automatic horsebox!
Good luck!

Jnhuk

Visit site
Even if something little over your budget, speak to them and see if they would consider an offer and let them know your budget rather than discounting straight away.

kezimac

Visit site
40% - jesus you can come and haggle for me!!!!!!!!!!! - yes looking at a merc sprinter but waiting to hear the height on it.

I do have an auto 4x4 and trailer but want a lorry and a small car as cheaper to run.

Yes i suppose if people want a sale they will haggle.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Yep 40%! ;)

There were reasons they were willing to negotiate ie mot running out at end of month and then after initial negotiations which were subject to mechanic, mechanic found (fixable) issues so negotiated again ;)

It wasn't overpriced originally either but the circumstances worked in my favour! If you don't ask you don't know. From first contact I made clear my budget so not to mess them around :)

fleur12

New User
Visit site
hi,
i know this is an old post but im selling my automatic 3.5t horsebox. 2006 Renault master new build.
pm me if you are interested.
Regards

kezimac

Visit site
i have bought one now - a merc sprinter 3.5t

But auto are so hard to come by! It should sell so easily! I dont know why people buy manual as its so much smoother with auto.