Whats the longest you've not been able to ride for?

thorney84

Visit site
As above and how did you cope?
Due to financial cercumstances im going to have to give up my share for at least 4 months and im feeling rather gutted! Riding is my little get away and i enjoy it soooo much!

Lissa

Visit site
Haven't ridden since July and wont be for another week atleast due to injury, had a car crash and cracked my knee cap nearly right in half. So will be just over two months by the time I get back on probably.

It's the longest I can remember not riding for maybe didn't ride for a longer time when I first started but wasn't so into it then and that was about 12/13 years ago.

Have found it really hard and really hasn't been that long compared to a lot of people who get injured etc. I think as long as you can keep fairly busy it's not so bad.

Hope you get back to riding as soon as possible :)

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Threee months over last winter as we had constant snow for the whole period (NE Scotland and overlooking the Cairngorms, it blows off them onto our hilltop)!! Was very nervous when I got back on in March! but pony was good thank heavens...

Jesstickle

Visit site
9 months because I was broken (by a horse) and couldn't. It was quite frustrating but I went and visited the neddies at work and fed them carrots so it was ok. I couldn't walk without crutches for the first four months so I guess that put it into perspective a bit :)

LizzyandToddy

Visit site
7 months.... (feb 09 - august09)
Horse had colic operation....5 months box rest and 2 months field rest :/
Wasn't easy, and was hard work, but hes back hunting and competing now :) So well worth the wait to see him back to normal! x

JoJo_

Visit site
I had a break from riding for a year when I was about 15 as I felt like I wasnt getting anywhere with my weekly riding lessons due to all the others in my lesson having their own horses to practice and also exams and things.

Also a year ago I fell off during a jumping lesson and fractured two vertebrae which meant I couldnt ride for 6 weeks. Although one doctor said I shouldnt ride for 6months! I dont think he liked how many horse riders he had to patch up.

frazzled

Visit site
20 years. Was living in central London and having children. Missed it but was so busy I didn't really notice. But when I got a chance to get back into horses I couldn't believe how I had managed so long without them in my life.

fitzaud2

Visit site
6 years whilst off having children. I had to distance myself from horses, and try not to go to shows etc, as it broke my heart. I remember being heavily pregnant and having to watch my brother in law jumping his hunting horse over a showjump, and he caught him in the mouth every time, then walloped him for refusing. i had to walk away in the end, cos pregnant or not, I wanted to get up and show him how to do it. I did shout at him though, and explained why the horse was stopping. Some people just dont get it!!!!!
I'm back riding now over 3 years, and have totally lost my bottle. I'd give anything to have my confidence back, I'm slowly getting there, but 1 hiccup sets me back, whereas before, it wouldn't have cost me a thought. Some "funny" people ask me if i'd have another baby. Answer is no!! Too selfish, I've given up enough of my time being pregnant, so horses are back onstream now, dont have time for another pregnancy!!

benson21

Visit site
Mine has been 7 months, and counting! If I am really honest, I am not missing it, probably due to the accident. I know I wont ride again, and that doesnt worry me. Gonna try driving instead!