What's the most unusual thing you've seen out hacking??

unicornleather

Visit site
These are so funny, keep them coming, I don't hack as I don't own a horse but I walk my 3 dogs twice a day and have caught the usual shaggers etc in the long grass, have even said "Nice day for it " as I have pushed past one couple doing it against a tree in a wood on a narrow path.
However the bag of fresh fish hanging in a tree confused me somewhat.
I have had "embarrassing incidents" of my own too,walking my dogs across a field on my own, lovely day and my lurcher always does a little stupid "wiggle" infront of me which means either she wants me to stroke her or a fly has landed on her back near her tail and she's trying to dislodge it. As I walked along she's mincing and wiggling in front of me, I said in a stupid voice that you reserve for your pets "I'm going to get your bottom" as a fly had landed on her and I was teasing her, it didn't help that I was also doing a stupid dance that resembled an chimpanzee with piles behind her, it was then the jogger I hadn't noticed past me from behind, he never looked at me or acknowledged me in any way, were weren't far from the disused psychiatric hospital either!
I have never seen him since!
Same place coming the other way a few months later, same dog got tangled up in her coat so I am in a compromising position bent over behind her trying to untangle her. Felt as though I was being watched, looked up and 5 horses and riders were calmly plodding along the bridlepath about 30 yards away, all the riders had their heads turned facing me, saying nothing, I wouldn't mind but all the horses had their heads turned to look too. I only go to these fields in the dark now!
Oz

spookypony

Visit site
I haven't really seen anything unusual while hacking yet, but I think my pony's convinced he's seen many MANY unusual things. All of them eat ponies, apparently.

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I was out on a breaker about 10 years ago now.He stopped suddenly and just ahead of us in the road there was pipe smoke swirling around, i could see it and smell it.We were on a single track lane near Letton with a high hedge on one side and a lake on the other no one else was on the lane. The horse relaxed and as i passed the smoke i put my hand through it and it moved around in the wind.That night in the pub i mentioned to an old boy from the village what i had seen i began by saying" I was riding along the road to Letton today and my horse stopped and just ahead of me there was..." and he finished my sentence for me..."pipe smoke hanging over the road!" Turns out an old boy got cut off by the river Wye flooding many years ago and haunts that part of the road!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that's amazing. very spooky.

I obviously have very boring hacks, or I'm very unobservant, because I can't think of anything unusual I've seen. I used to really hope to find a dead body when I was hacking my pony though, as I thought I would get lots of attention!
*goes straight to hell*

Beccaeve

Visit site
My hacks are v.boring, have never seen anything like the stuff mentioned in some of these stories!!
I think the most exciting think was foal, mum and dad just lose coming up and having a look at us!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I think I must ride with my eyes shut...Not seen nothing...
frown.gif

Did buy a side table when out on a hack once
smile.gif

perfectpolly

Visit site
well thank you for the laughs!!!! some of those are priceless! wish i'd been there.

my funniest thing would have to be A WILD CHICKEN. it terrorized my pony by flapping attack like at us, squawking like a parrot , before flying up to a branch, then flew about 50ft. made a hell of a lot of noise too! i just couldn't believe that a tiny white chicken could be so aggressive!

pootler

Visit site
As a teenager we used to build jumps across the bridle path with twigs and branches. One day we had just finished building a particularly impressive one. My friend said 'this should be interesting' as we saw a mountain bike rider hurtle down the inclined path towards us. He slammed on his brakes just as he got to the jump and then shot over the handle bars - over the jump. The bike got four faults for a refusal..... Hilarious for us, not so funny for him.
blush.gif

PopStrop

Visit site
I wasn't riding at the time.... but was driving down a windy single track country lane on my way to walk my dogs with a friend, rounded a bed and came across a little old lady with her skirt hitched up to her waist, knickers round her ankles, having a wee!
blush.gif
I was driving slowly as the road was narrow and could do nothing but drive on past!
I will never forget the look of horror on her face as we came round the corner
crazy.gif
grin.gif
Bless her, she obviously got caught short, but on the side of the road?! There were trees behind her she could have hidden in.
blush.gif

frb

Visit site
A naked man on a bicycle. We had a flasher round our way for a while until a 6ft4" copper paid him a visit. He used to lay in wait for me when i went hacking, dirty git!

fatpiggy

Visit site
I always managed to miss the flasher, but we did come across quite a few nude sunbathing (at least, I think that's what they were doing) men over the years. My mare can spot naked flesh from a mile away and would always stop and take a VERY close look when we came across one.