What's the name of an alternative to bute but not Danillon?

applecart14

Visit site
Someone mentioned on here the name of an anti-inflammatory NSAID that worked similar to bute but was neither bute nor Danillon.
It worked out much cheaper to buy via a prescription from the vet.

Any idea?

applecart14

Visit site
Well I probably will ask him when I see him again but I just rang the vets to pay off more of my bill and asked the receptionist how much a prescription was and she asked me for what I said I'd already had a conversation with my vet about this drug some time ago but couldn't remember the name or even if I knew the name at the time.
I said I'd find out and get back to her. Bute it getting to be £1 a sachet and I want to cut down on costs if I can as my horse is currently on 1/2 sachet a day plus a liquid bute.

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
I'd leave a message for your vet asking him to call you back? Then you can be clear you are talking about the same medication.

Zuzzie

Visit site
Its Pro-Dynam - cheaper than Equipalazone. You can ask your vet for a prescription and then buy it online - 100 sachets comes to £60.94 at Viovet.

Last edited:

Izzwizz

Visit site
Most common used are Pro-Dynam, Equipalazone and Danilon. The Danilon is more expensive as its more easily digested and easier on the stomach, has a kind of sugar coating making it more palatable, just like our Ibuprofin. Pro-Dynam is more like Paracetamol, bitter in taste to the horse.