What's with all 600d turnout rugs?

Achinghips

Visit site
Been eagerly awaiting the lw turnouts from premier equine, but this 600d is never really waterproof enough and lasts my rug rippers two minutes. Had to send two back last year. Can anyone recommend a higher denier lightweight please?

dixie

Visit site
Ruggles are 1200denier and very reasonably priced.
I haven't used mine yet but they come recommended by many people in here and they are a nice generous cut.

LD&S

Visit site
Shires do a 200g 1200D, I was looking at getting one a few weeks ago and only managed to find about 4, got a feeling Ruggle may had done one but can't be certain.

Copperpot

Visit site
I've got a Ruggles and it's really good. Also for a H zone and I love that. One of mine is a destroyer of his own and my other 2's rugs. The H zone has stood up to a lot so far.

SuperH

Visit site
I'm also disappointed with PEs new offerings. I really wanted the Buster Titan 40 but no more stock coming in until August according to their website. I wanted something in a high denier with only 40-50 fill. I'm also annoyed they never have a picture of the rugs without the neck attachment so it is hard to tell how high cut the neck is on the actual rug. Now wondering what to do, my mare really needs a lightweight turnout at the moment and she is a funny shape so the neck has to be cut high but not have a full neck. Nightmare! I'll be stalking this thread to see what other options are suggested OP :)

KVH

Visit site
I love my Ruggles, and rate my PE rugs highly, too.
I wouldn't buy anything with a 600d outer however, they don't seem to last 5 minutes, nor do they seem to be particularly waterproof.
1200D (or higher) are very good at withstanding the teeth of rug destroyers, too..!

Achinghips

Visit site
All my old premier equine rugs don't leak either, they have higher denier. My newer ones aren't as good. I think they have compromised the quality of them recently perhaps it's due to a lower denier with the tensile strength of a cobweb.

Agree, I'm peed off that that the Titan 40 with the higher denier is only available over 6, 9" ...

thatsmygirl

Visit site
I'm a Rambo girl, won't buy anything else, I have Rambos over 10 years old and still as waterproof as the day I brought them, and they are the only make rugs that actually fit mine without being to tight on the shoulders. Actually just brought a couple of new lite weight turnouts so my older ones can be used as spares.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
My weatherbeeta genero has been amazing! Only bought it as a temporary fix but have ended up keeping it!

I love mine too! they are so cheap in the Robinsons sales! I've had 4 light weights, about 5 mediums weights, between 2 horses! and because they are so cheap I have just bought new ones each winter because its cheaper and less hassle than sending them for cleaning and repairs! although now I have so many I might actually send a couple away!

Achinghips

Visit site
Are the generos breathable? I bought a Saxon rainsheet and poor ned was soaked under it because he sweated, it was like a cagoule