What's your favourite tack cleaner?

sidsmum

Visit site
A bit late to the party, but if you wouldn't mind sending me a copy of the receipe as well Cremedemonthe, that would be very kind of you! :)

peanut

Visit site
If it is not too much trouble Oz, please may I have the recipe too. My tack is in desperate need :eek:

BarneyTheChestnutOne

Visit site
I would love the recipe too, if that's OK Cremedmonthe, I have lots of bridles and martingales that I would love to revive that I found when I cleared out my late mare's tack room x

AFB

Visit site
Could I also have a copy? Although like a few others I may read it and choose to buy instead!

Thank you

turnbuckle

Visit site
If you get offered Oz's recipe - MAKE IT! Superb stuff. And dead easy to make, although you'd be surprised how hard it can be to buy beeswax!

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
May I have a copy of the recipe please Oz? I've found myself with a mountain of awful tack to compliment my equally scruffy pony and love to make things myself, so satisfying :)

Amirah

Visit site
Dear Oz, I've just bought 300 grams from you for my truly horrible hands (hay soaking isn't doing them any favours and they are now beyond the help of o'keefes working hands) but I'd also like the recipe please. Thank you ☺

Nevin's Run

Visit site
I use Horseman's One Step to clean, and Renapur balm to condition.

I did make Oz's formula but it got a bit hard and I didn't use it again - appreciate the tip to microwave it! I'll see if I still have it (otherwise I might also be begging the recipe again!)

Are there any tack wipes that are better than nothing? Because it appears I am even too lazy for One Step sometimes, and it would be useful to have something to hand where my tack is for a quick rub down, when I don't have time to ship it all home to clean properly.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I’ve heard the old glycerin soaps are no good for leather. I’m lazy and I use a quick cleaning spray (naf I think!) and then for conditioning I use Lincoln Leather balsam (this stuff is the best). Or if your leather is old, then ko-cho-line