What's your horse's name?

Tilda

Visit site
My horse is called Max. That's all that is on his passport but his old owner (well still current for next couple of weeks!) called him Million dollar Max when she competed - not sure I'll be carrying that on. I generally call him Maximo or Maxwell.

superted1989

Visit site
Mine arrived with the passport name of Mark, but that's tricky as it's the same name as my hubby! Previous owners lengthened it to Markie,so, we've stuck to that (along with Cob, Cobnob and Cobnobasaurus!). He goes to shows under the name Just Marcus

Cadburys_addict

Visit site
My boy's name is Gorgeous George on his passport so no surprises that his stable name is just George ha ha!;)

But he def suits being a George - he came with the name but I do like his name!

kinnygirl1

Visit site
My boy is called Stanley and his show name is Peppermint Scout - I got to choose both as he came over from Ireland with no pp and not even a stable name. I think he suits them though. I often wonder what he was called before I got him.

Lolo

Visit site
Snowy..... I didnt name him! He's a 17hh warmblood....

Cheeky... The 15.2hh smart little TB. People expected him to be a chubby little native! His show name was No Surrender, which suited him perfectly. As did Cheeky, because he was!

He had hundreds of nicknames, but mostly we called him Cheeky Chops, just to add to the '12hh hairy native' thing :D

Reggie is his name 100%- it's cute and so is he (16.3hh TB!). He's subjected to Fregs (rhymes with dregs) and Wedgie as well... His show name is ridiculous though, but very cute!

BigGinger

Visit site
My boy is weatherby registered as Kerolad. his stable name was Eric which didnt suit such a beautiful face but didnt want to call him something totally different so i named him Kero..

PolarSkye

Visit site
My lovely grey gelding is called Kali . . . he's a Polish sporthorse and apparently Kali is a character in a well-known Polish children's book . . . two children (Stanislaw and Nel) are lost/abandoned in North Africa/Egypt and team up with two native kids . . . a boy called Kali who is a bit of a con artist and a young girl called Mea . . . ironically Kal's breeder is also called Stanislaw (a relatively well-known breeder of coloured sport horses and warmbloods called Stanislaw Walczak).

However.

The silhouette in Kal's (Polish) passport isn't him . . . so Kali isn't his name. But we'll keep it b/c I like it and think it suits him.

P

Oldenburg27

Visit site
I have Larry he came with his stable name but I gave him his show name Midnights Magic and my new one come with his Stable name Robbie but i have give him the show name of Midnights magic touch.

I dont know why but all of my animals have human names lol

Lintel

Visit site
Bailey :)

Or "Euan Of Craignetherty"

He is the colour of Bailey's Irish Cream, - he was previously "Euan" got changed because the woman that bought him had an ex called Euan, then he was "Borsh" genuinely after a dishwasher- she had only had him 3 months... so that definitively got changed! :rolleyes:
Came down to Simba or Bailey. Decided Simba was a bit.. Lion Kingish ;)

More frequently gets called by "DON'T YOU DARE!!" :p

NU ABO

Visit site
My boy's called Stonewall Jackson, or Jackson, or even Jack sometimes if I'm feeling particularly monosyllabic :D

When it's quite a cold day and I'm calling him from the field, I like to re-enact Titanic: "Jaaaaack!" :p

lovinyourwork

Visit site
ludo, I named him after the big dumb beastie from labyrinth due to his glazed expression, passport is labyrinths ludo, choosing names is hard!
Previously was called tinker and guiness but only as a baby, he's rising three now, mostly call him loopy or loopy loo.

Sophstar

Visit site
Both mine had their names..

Quidley..otherwise known as Beast, Fatman, Quids or Grandad:eek:

Chocy..show name was Chocolate Chip but now Chocolate Monster...also known as Monster, Brat, the ADHD pony or Houdini:rolleyes:

asommerville

Visit site
amber millie horse - amber :) sunday name sweet sensation

rory willie horse - rory his sunday name is touchstone masterpiece thats the stud name the willie and millie bits a long story :)

zobags

Visit site
My girl is called Bella. It's Italian for beautiful, which she is. People on the yard call her the ginger ninja, because from 8 months old she's been able to jump all the paddock fences!

Finkins

Visit site
I Named mine as Finley.

Havent got a show name yet but if anyones got ideas please let me know! He's a liver chestnut ID out of Rockrimmon Silver Diamond and Mega Deal - help people!

Niraf

Visit site
Setfor Takeoff (he lives up to it !) stable name Takeoff. I didn't choose it, it is his registered name and I don't believe in changing horse's names. My OH's horse is Halyard, stable name Haly, also his registered name.

AJ & Kiz

Visit site
My mares real name is Kizzi I hate it i can just imagine some fat chav stood there shouting it so i just shortened it to Kiz but it really bugs me that people call her Kizzi :( arrrrrggghhhhhh her show name is Teenage Kicks which i choose as she is my Teenage kicks :)

x

debsg

Visit site
As I was sharing Blaze before I bought her, I couldn't change her name, which I hated as it was obvious, unimaginative and everyone thought she was a gelding! Now, 6.5 years later, I can't imagine her with another name :D She is known by everyone as Aunty Blaze, or Blazey Boo.
Jasmine was born on Christmas Day, so could've been Jesus if she'd been a colt :D (no offence to Christians). Winter flowering jasmine was blooming in my mum's garden, so that's how she got her name. Show name is Erin's Gift, after her mum, Erin, who sadly was pts when Jas was 12 weeks old. Jas is also called Wizzle (remember the kid's rhyme - Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear? Well, Wizzle was a foal! It kinda stuck!!)
She has also been called Psychob!tch by my daughter. She was a bit mental when she was younger :D OK now. Ish :D

Grey_Arab

Visit site
My boy came with his name;
Stable name: Ross
Show name: Caross (no idea what this means, he was imported from sweden...?)

He never gets called Ross I don't really like it but I am superstitious about changing it, so he normally Pops, Boo, Pony

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
Fabio and i chose it. :) Our other horse is called Freddy - didn't choose it. Not a fan of people names for animals! (I know Fabio is but its foreign so doesn't count! :p)

ChristmasPixie

Visit site
We have;

Miss Molly, stable name Molly- Mum's horse, she came with that name, grey tobiano

Jemima, stable name Gem- Daughters's newforest, again came with the name. She is a bay roan.

Vincent Van Gogh, stable name Vincent- My boy!! :) He is an exracer so came with the name. Ironically he was offered to me while I was doing my fine art degree! Couldn't say no really..... Best decision I ever made. Big dark bay (almost black) TB