What's your horse's name?

Hells Bells

Visit site
I Named mine as Finley.

Havent got a show name yet but if anyones got ideas please let me know! He's a liver chestnut ID out of Rockrimmon Silver Diamond and Mega Deal - help people!

Rockrimmon Diamond Deal
Rockrimmon Silver Deal (If you say it quick enough, it sounds like seal the deal)
Rockrimmon Finley
Rockrimmon Mega Deal

I like these games :)

PaddyMonty

Visit site
We have
Crumpwell Revelation, stable name Boo. Stable name just sort of happened rather than conscious decision.

Its A Nice Colour, stable name jake which he came with but gradually being referred to as clonky.

My last horse was Lissyegan Cruise Clover, stable name Ed.

LeannePip

Visit site
Stable name - Pip. Show Name - Oaktree Pippi Longstockings

i chose both names - although a year and half old when i bought her she had no name or PP and she was just pip till we could come up with a name - but it stuck so her show name came from that it also fits her markings - four white legs and oaktree is the name of the place she was bred.

Stable Name - Cody. Show Name - Oaktree Supernova

me and my sister chose his name as we bought him at 3mnths old so no name, cody because my sister has an american obsession and cody is a very american name and we were listening to the song 'Supernova' and decided we liked it so he got that and oaktree because he was also born there

Stable Name - Maii. Show Name - whatever we decide on the day :L shes had 'defiantly maii-bee' 'Maiizee baybee' 'maii' and my favorite 'Maii-bee she will, Maii-bee she won't' :D she had three names when she came to us - May, what her old owner called her; Betty May, what the yard called her; and Megan on her passport that no-one ever called her so we dont know where that came from. so we settled with maii - the welsh version of may because shes a PBW

seoirse

Visit site
I didn't chose any of these, they came with names. Current horse is called Bluerocks Buckaroo, he's by Ashfield Bluerocks. Stable name is Rowan which is a name I love.

Old boy was St Flannan's Seoirse, stable name George as apparently Seoirse is gaelic for George. :)

catwithclaws

Visit site
tango and megan's flight (megan)

i think tango suits him as he is very fizzy and bright orange :p

don't really like megan's flight (i mean, why just stick 'flight' on the end of her name - think it sounds a bit odd personally) but its her registered name so i'm stuck with it.

hubby calls her 'pegleg' not sure why but its kind of stuck :D

clairew

Visit site
Silver Flint - stable name Flint Or Flinty Bob/Bubba (!) or The Big Grey Git depending on whether he's been naughty
Dreamscape Diamond - Millie

Didn't choose either name. About to put Millie in foal hopefully so will take great delight in choosing foalies' name :D

Quantock-cob

Visit site
My cob is called Merlin - also known as Merly, Merly Moo, Merly Moo Pig !! or if you are my YO then just "the cob thing" or when describing him to the farrier last week "that dobbin in the field" :( Horrible woman - just because she's too scared to ride her idiot TB!

His show name is "Natures Wonder" - I didn't choose that and no idea where it came from or what it refers to :)

Tank_08

Visit site
Show name - Treascons golden Prince
Stable name - Prince, but i didn't like that, so i changed it to Tank, which suits him better!

Show name - Bolgoed newydd Anna
Stable name - Anna

show name - Bright eyed Benji
stable name - Benjie

we didn't choose any names, but they do have nicknames like uncle benjie, tank and the big stroppy cow :D
We also have three Racehorses called minellaforsuir(Mickey) Bob's law(Robert) and George Reid(George). mickey was called sid, and robert was called bob, but the yard already had a bob and sid so changed them. oh and we didn't name any of them x

fernamber

Visit site
ive got a little 3 yo ex racer...... her racing name is greek music which i bloody hate!!!.....
so theres me deciding what to call her and my mate says (in a jamacian accent) "talullah..... that was me mothers name!" (off cool runnings!) and it stuck! lol but i mostly call her tula poo!! hehe ;) x

cyberhorse

Visit site
Royal (really boring but I suppose in Holland would have sounded more exotic), stable name is supposed to be Rocky (doesn't suit him much).

I just call him Roo and in winter prior to clipping he gets Roo-bear. When I get to choose his name in unaffiliated/TB comps he goes by Key to the Kingdom (key from Rockey and then something for the Royal bit).

hoxne8

Visit site
one of my horses name is blaze because he has a white blaze down his face
and my other horse is called barley but i didn't name him. i quite like their names.

Amicus

Visit site
My current boy's name is Dandy as the hope was if he was given a proper cheery pony name he'd grow into that sort of pony and luckily he has.

My previous boy had the more unusual name of Stompy (because he pawed the ground a lot) named by the farmer who bred him, incidently his father was named Spotty (because he was an appaloosa) both nice descriptive names... =p

M_J

Visit site
mine all came with their names, Pandora from her registered name ''Nefydd Pandora'', Scout came with his and so did Doc, short for Doctor Doolittle :)

They all seem to suit their names so don't mind them luckily!

stephaniekate

Visit site
my horse is called bill....he was called coco when i bought him but i knew they had put the name on him 18 months previously when they bought him.....ilooked at his passport and it said bill so i wrote to his breeder and owner for 10 years and they called him bill.....when i said bill to him he knew it..so he is bill..
i also have dolly, nicky and skittles.....all names that where there before

we recently got a rescue donkey and he had no name so my kids call him eugene!!...after mr crabs in spongebob....it suits him well

skittles in an ex race horse..passport name is doohoma...i call him homa, although he does seem to respond to skittles, even though he only got that name at 9 years old..i cant track down his ex owners to find out what his stable name was for all those years....

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
Mine are:

Millar (Finkley Alex) and that was what he was called when I got him (prior to that he was alex - I loathe human names for animals)

Comanche (Cherrytop Comanche Chief) he was called Chief before but here in the not-so-fine parts of London it has an alternate meaning so I renamed him Comanche as I have a big thing for everything western. I do find it hard to use his full name so I often end up shortening it to Manchy which I don't actually like but is much more convenient!

VoR

Visit site
Stable name: Henry (which I picked)
Registered name: Eucebio (I have no idea how to pronounce this when I say it)

Hmmm, I would think that is pronounced, 'You-say-bee-oh' like the Portugese footballer of the 60's/70's.

I have Norm (aka 'Not the Norm II') and Cracker (aka 'The Cracker' or 'The Right Honourable Cracker' depending on where you look!).

rascal

Visit site
Goyallt Nico is my welsh cob, Hubbys mare is Brambly Hedge (Bramble), my daughters horses are Sunny and Evolution, Red to his friends. Sunny doesnt have a show name yet.
Hubbys new pony will be Winny.

LynH

Visit site
Mine are
- Breagh (Diamond Moon) named after her dam, Borea.
- Fainne pronounced fawn-ya (Rising Bay) named by my friend's 5yr old son. I didn't name her for first 7 months as she was a project to sell on but I still have her 11 yrs later so I'm glad I'm not still calling her the bay mare.
Both are Irish names. Poor Fainne has been called all sorts of things since I moved to England with them and people don't know how to pronounce her name :0)

ElleD

Visit site
I've got a Simon (Honey Monster for competing). Previous owner did the Simon bit, the Honey Monster was my idea as suits his personality.

My youngster is Iva (Colourville Diva). Chosen by breeder, shortened to Iva by me. Had option to change as breeder said to me before she did passport but I liked it and turns out it suits her to a tee.

mhorses

Visit site
Deborah and show name is
dancing lightning princess star

I just call her debs all the time

We bought her off rich chavs

flump

Visit site
I have (stable names only!)
Parker and Goggles!

Works horses are
Burt