Whats Your Horsey Goals for 2007???

katelarge

Visit site
Apart from winning the lottery...

Aim to be driving and so able to get my horse back into full fitness and working well instead of getting away with being lazy. Then start taking him to some shows, ideally unaffil dressage, perhaps affiliated if all goes well. Also want to re-start his jumping, ably assisted by doublexxxscoop I hope (hee hee) and do something like that. Hopefully summer 2007 will see us at a few shows. If the ridden stuff proves too head-explodingly exciting for him I will do some in -hand stuff.

I'd also like to try western! The idea being that if the dressage and jumping don't work out I will take him down that route. Sidesaddle is another avenue I want to explore. Crikey, I will have to ride all day every day in 2007 to get it all done! LOL!

Visit site
hmmm ... not sure about 2007 yet but I have made horsey goals for me and my ponio over the winter at the moment!
laugh.gif
Here they are:

- Compete in an SJ comp
- Compete in a Dressage comp
- Practise my plaiting!
tongue.gif

- Learn something new
- Keep up regular schooling plan
- practise collecting and extending within each pace
- continue with the jumping lessons.

grin.gif
xx

Rambo

Visit site
Bo:
Be jumping DC at 1.20m
Qualify for the Am Champs finals
Get round the Hickstead Novice Derby !

Trike:
Get 4 DC's in BN and Disco
Qualify for the Am Champs 2nd Rounds (at least)

Keep both of the horses sound and happy throughout
smile.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
erm well hopefully start out at PN and just have a gd fun time really,and improve her sj, just want a nice happy, fun year
smile.gif

truffles

Visit site
Get a lesson with Ross Algar at the yard
Find a horse who really suits me
own no more than 15 rugs. (never gonna happen - the count is going up, and fast
blush.gif
)
Have a go at a HT
Go hunting!

bellgave

Visit site
I want to get my gorgeous Rocky baby out and about some more, def' do the novice workers at the show, hack and cob champs and do th esearch for a star cobs at HOYS, would do the one with the big boys, but he's only 4 so need to wait for him to mature more, 2008 will be his year!!

dressagecrazy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
tophorse already did this post in comp riders about a month ago, but heres mine again:

- get archie out and competing medium by the end of the year (2007) and hopefully jumping out too. dont care what height but id like to just get round a couple of courses on him.

- put Bloss into foal end of april time

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry i didnt see the post as i dont frequent the board that often due to time restrictions. I dont want to upset people or tread on anyone's toes with this thread, its such a big forum that sometimes threads dont get seen by everyone. I just find it fasinating just how many goals everyone has.

I really hope everyone reaches there goals 2007 & has a safe and happy year!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

maddielove

Visit site
start lessons in january,
improve jumping
not have a near miss with lammi in the summer[better grazing should stop this]
hopefully do local sj..if not the gymkhana is cool.
XC!!!!

and hopefully take maddie to scottish-equi in lanark for a week as last year it was what made my summer.

who knows..i might even get a little project for my mum to ride!

Halfpass

Visit site
Goal for start of year is to get my youngster lunging and long reining. Then at end of summer I plan to begin lightly backing her. Winter 2007 off then the proper work starts in 2008. Really excited.

teapot

Visit site
Start riding again regularly, getting more of my confidence back, jumping bigger and then maybe contemplating stage 2

clipclop

Visit site
Well really I should just be pleased with just getting back in the saddle, but, me being me,,,I want to do more.

I want to have a go at something new. So I am going to join our local Trec Group and have a go at that. I might also do some pleasure rides. I just want to chill out and have fun with my horse this year.

WeeBrown

Visit site
I'd like to finally buy my dream horse in 2007, well just having a horse has been a dream for ages! I just need to find the right one - something tall and chestnut with a sense of humour....need to with my riding. Which brings me to second goal for 2007 - to have many more lessons and generally improve my riding.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So I am going to join our local Trec Group

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the RC one? I'm thinking of that too
grin.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
My horsey goals for 2007 are:

To qualify Alfie for the regionals and gain points at elementary by spring and hopefully qualify for regionals at elem.

To take Twirly dressaging, showjumping, ODE'ing and showing as often as i can - might even have a go at the old le trec!!
wink.gif

To qualify Benji again for the VHS regionals and do lots more showing

and finally to get the babies out showing as 2 year olds!!

seabiscuit

Visit site
Very very far off and probably hopelessly unrealistic but it never hurts to have big ambitions!
To have both my horses doing a CCI* at the end of 2007.
But equally I would just be happy to have both of them sound fit and healthy for a WHOLE GODDAM YEAR PLEASE!!oh and forever more after that of course...
smile.gif

Judie

Visit site
Well I will start the year with some intensive training at Aderro Dressage, then hopefully do well at the winter regionals at Addington then have a successful year at medium level and work on the flying changes - sounds so easy when you're typing it!
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So's Rema!! Think I can feel a good summer coming on!!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YYAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!! Hmmmmm maybe I should stay in Cornwall then........