What's your names?

sandi_84

Visit site
Just read the Show Names post and it got me thinking about mine.
The horse I looked at originally was named Mhor Than Words and my new boy Loki's is Some Hot Shot (not my choice!).
So what have your boys and girls got? :D

cassie summers

Visit site
on my girls passport her name is Chase Milly as she came from a stud called chase farm but i call her Cassie but when i show her this year she will be called Mcallisters Cassie as my work help me out with transport

ridefast

Visit site
Flash Harry - as his dad is Jumping Jack Flash
Gypsy Rosie Lee - She came with this name, not sure what I would have chose but she is a gypsy cob so :)

Boxers

Visit site
Well Manni is Manon on his passport. He's a bit of a Heinz 57!

And Jay is called Colormore Inspire. He was bred by the Colormore Stud. His original pet name was Buddy, but we changed it to Jay.

Allie5

Visit site
Tommy is Touchwood Hot Opposition bred by Touchwood stud out of a Fleetwater Opposition mare. I love his name although at the moment it doesn't really suit him! He's only 2 1/2 and not "hot" in the slightest!
Darcey is 1/2 wb 1/2 ID and her name is Electric Boogalou, which does suit her as shes a fiery chestnut mare!

SamandMonty

www.youtube.com
Monty is Full Monty Van De Arenberg..
Really difficult to fit on entry forms and weird it seems hard for commentators to pronounce, particularly the "Van De" bit?? He's By Winningmood Van De Arenberg (Winningmood)

blood_magik

Visit site
I don't like jerry's: it's Jorvey P.
it's rather plain and awkward.

I love my old loan horse's name - he was Hilbrook Sandman. :)
My first horse was Silver Echo and my dad's horse is Stall Notz Timberland.

loulabelle

Visit site
I have Hank the Tank (which suits him as his a shire x irish cob so has a great deal of bone), my Welsh D x Appy's show name is Who Dares Wins (he competes at showjumping, my New Forest is Hazelhill Chaz (as was bred by Hazelhill stud) my Welsh D is Little Prince Edward but in welsh (havent got his passport to hand and the only part I can pronounce is Edward let alone spell it haha) and my new foal who is a Welsh Sec D x Irish Cob is Against All odds

wtdnh131

Visit site
the one in my sig (no, not frankel unfortunatly!) is megan, plain old megan!! meg unless she is in trouble, when she is its MEGANN!!!! before i got her i always hated the name megan, but i have to like it now!

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
Sy is Syrah Belle
Hollie is Honjay
Petey is Outrigg Donizetti
and Victor (even tho his passport name is victor...) we call him BDL or the BFG :)

Natz88

Visit site
On my hafligners passport his name is Caramel, but he is now called Chuckie as previous owners changed it to that. My mums black cob on his passport his name is Noddy & previous owners called him Noddy, but mum didn't want call him that, so changed his name to Denzel lol. Our New Forest is called Fly, but on his passport his name is Pigbush Warrior & then I have Murphy :D

Nannon

Visit site
Decided to call my filly A Likely Story - after i lied outright to my parents about buying her in the first place tehehe, my other chap is Touchwood - not a great name for a showjumper lol!

Ibblebibble

Visit site
big girl is carnival storm aka Michelle on her passport, she's always been called shellee though thank goodness, can't imagine calling her michelle:eek: Daughter was lucky enough to be able to name her foal when we bought him, only proviso was that it began with A , same as his dam, she chose Aero lol, so he is Nefydd Aero, also have another Nefydd boy, Jacob, and a little pony who is just Ted, no fancy name no parentage listed poor little chap;)

Misog2000

Visit site
Stable Name - Connie
Full Name - Candid Concept
I tend not to use her full name though as people think it is something to do with sweets lol

Beatrice5

Visit site
Willow aka Rushmoor gold and silver forest bred NF gelding ( previous owner called him Bling....which was a bit chav for us Exmoor folks!!)

Trixie ( not overly keen but better than passport name and it's supposed to be bad luck to change) aka Sharna ( unknown parentage but belived to be Arab x Cob)

Henna aka Serendipity Henna ( BOGOF suprise daughter of above - father some randy coloured well built gate jumping colt)

My fav pony name that I have owned was Squirrel Nutkin known as Nutty and an absolute devil at throwing his rider and normally into rivers, puddles, nettles, hedges always with a delighted buck as he cantered away!!!!

SophieLouBee

Visit site
Well I have a pony whos actual name is 'Stella II'. Whoever the inventive bright spark that came up with that name was, KUDOS. I really don't want to call her Stella, but it has stuck :( Poor beast.

I have a 'Daarcy', whos stable name just drops the unnecessary 'a'. She's from the Harwood Arabian stud.

I really have no idea what Murphs registered name is, his sire was Galway Warrior & his mother was a Chateau Impney bred palomino, so by the science of deduction I have 'Galway Impney', which is nice, but it's a lie :p

Then I just have 'unknown' Ruby, who is a ******* child :p & Hula who is a section a from WHW, so god knows if she has a registered name or not.

Poor show. I feel left out now :(

DiggerandWill

Visit site
I have an elderly shaggy yeti of a horse who was a good show cob in his day - shown under the name of Mister Morrow but known as Will. Apparantly was called Wheelie (as in bin) in his younger days.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Old lad is Jasper V. Highly original, clearly.

Fergie is Upperlochton Fergus. Dari is Morrich Darach - Darach meaning dark oak, which I like. Unfortunately down here, the "ch" is enough to fox most folk and commentators / entries are often confused / mispronounced / misspelt :rolleyes:

Mostly they're called J, F and D though.

wattamus

Visit site
My horse is just Ebony :p
But I've encountered several funny names in my time
Troy Spring- Snoopy
Rushmore Duce of Hearts- Mr T
Tsunami- Storm
Zetec Ocean Sparkle- Zac
Drakyo (pronounced Dray- co)

TelH

Visit site
My ponies are...

Riva- Minerva's Young Pretender
Lulu- Minerva Lily Wizz
Jazmyn- Mockbeggar Gonna Getcha At Minerva
Elspeth- Alanamoor Miss Ellie At Minerva
Izzy- Minerva Let's Get Busy
Maud- Minerva Tea House Moon
Harold- Minerva I Giorni

:eek: :D

ISH_lover

Visit site
Stable name - Jester or Jessie as he is also known as
Registered name - Eskers Boy

I also used to ride a pony called Mr. Ted sounds like a total kids pony but threw me off constantly, his show name was Cassendillys Pot Of Gold as he was a cracker of a pony on his good days