What's your nervous riding song?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I know we did this a few years back but I thought it would be fun to repeat for new members.

It's often advised to sing when you're feeling nervous as it helps you and the horse. What's your song?

Mine is either "I'm a pink toothbrush" or "Gilly Gilly Ossenfeather Katzenella Bogen by the Sea", both by Max Byegraves and from my childhood

And for those too young to know them:

scats

Visit site
I know we did this a few years back but I thought it would be fun to repeat for new members.

It's often advised to sing when you're feeling nervous as it helps you and the horse. What's your song?

Mine is either "I'm a pink toothbrush" or "Gilly Gilly Ossenfeather Katzenella Bogen by the Sea", both by Max Byegraves and from my childhood

My friends Nan had a record with these two songs on it. Also a song that went “I am a veeeerrry special goose, a veeeerrrry special goose, a very special goose am I.” We used to play it all the time when we were kids. The goose song still cracks me up.

ArklePig

Visit site
I make mine up... Poor horse must be traumatised by bad lyrics and inability to hold a tune.

I sing 'I'm a big big cob with a big fat gob it's not a big big deal if you feed meee' to the tune (loosely) of Big Big World.

I also sing 'Finbar, he's a big fat cob, Finbar, bananas in his gob, Finbar his feet go clip clop, Finbar he's the wondercob' to the tune (again loosely) of Go West. He's honestly not even fat, hope I don't give him a complex.

Writing that down I realise how unhinged I sound.

Visit site
I don't sing out of nervousness, I can't sing, I am completely tone deaf and could shatter glass a mile away ?? but I have been known to do a bit of Placebo on the gallops every now and then when upsides someone who is nervous and not breathing - it either makes them laugh or creeps them out either way it forces them to breath a bit ???

dorsetladette

Visit site
Usually nursery rhymes as my dad used to sing them to me when we were in lead rein classes. Then he also sang a few which are not very PC anymore. 2 little boys among others. The kind of song that once its in your head you can't get rid of it.

flying_high

Visit site

Down the way, where the soliders were gay and the sun shines brightly

and Once I caught a fish alive

Both from nursery songs nearly 40 years ago!