What's your nervous riding song?

SashaBabe

Visit site
Does anyone remember, back in the early 1960s, the guy riding the horse to the song Waltzing Matilda? The tune fitted in perfectly with the horse's pace. Can't remember if it was an advert for something, or was used to fill in time between programmes.

Ceriann

Visit site
I sing whatever comes to my head and change the lyrics for my horse. Last time was kylie’s locomotion (!!) but it became Tedimotion - horse is Red and is therefore often Ted. She just twitches her ears hoping no one hears me! We’ve done Tedi Shark too . . . .

cauda equina

Visit site
Anothe
I'm the one loudly singing The Grand Old Duke of York, or, in extremis, Onward, Christian Soldiers. The latter when the wretch is playing silly sideways jogging games!
I alter the words to Onward Christian Soldiers as I don't feel it's tactful to go on about them to an Arab, whose ancestors may have actually been into battle against Christian soldiers
Of course in the hymn they're metaphorical, but still...

Griffin

Visit site
I alter the words to Onward Christian Soldiers as I don't feel it's tactful to go on about them to an Arab, whose ancestors may have actually been into battle against Christian soldiers

I love this and totally understand it! My mare is from Ireland and I think she is Catholic. Maybe I should sing Westlife or Boyzone songs to her.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Nellie the Elephant, but I only know the first two lines so it's just them on repeat :p. I quite like the idea of Ride of the Valkyries though, I might give that a try when we're having a blast along the cliffs!

daydreamer

Visit site
I'm another one who has been known to sing Nellie the Elephant when nervous but I always forget the words when really worried so just make them up. I find I can sing (I'm in a choir and had lessons for a few years so I'm not too bad) or ride but not really do the two together.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

?

skint1

Visit site
Haven't ridden in a long while now but used to be "There is a Tavern in the Town" and "Little Boxes" and, often I'd turn on a playlist for us both that included excellent covers of 10,000 Fireflies, Royals, Havana and Closer.

ozpoz

Visit site
The Eagles Desperado…Why don’t you come to your senses. for me and Lady Stardust,the chorus mostly (Bowie) too.