What's your "OCD" ... ?

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
Following on from Lisi and I's debate below, decided to see what people's "OCD" was.

Like I said, I do a spreadsheet colour coded with event and horse, and last year we had a plan clipped to the calendar in the kitchen with the event name, horse, class, and how many miles away it was!

I also can't do mismatched bandages ie one colour behind and one infront. Also hate mismatched headcollars and leadropes
wink.gif
black thin rope for leather headcollars, green one for C to match his head collor, and black one for T to match his. Then two spares - red and blue so we KNOW they're spares
blush.gif

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
I make up my feeds for the week and I can't have two buckets of the same colour stacked together!! Last winter I had 3 green buckets and I had to make sure that they were separated with a different coloured bucket!
blush.gif
blush.gif

Even I know that that one isn't even a practical OCD just plain odd
crazy.gif
wink.gif

monkeybum13

Visit site
My mum always put the bridle and headcollar on the wrong hooks ie bridle on headcollar hook.
Also when the girth is not passed through the girth loops on saddle cloths (except dressage saddle where I have one through and one out)
They are both really stupid but both really bug me

Mel85

Visit site
Messy manes are my biggest OCD...which is unfortunate as my mare has a bog brush mane so I spend the entire time damping it and brushing it flat!!!

I am also fussy about bridles being lined up in the tackroom being "tidied" in the same way - i.e throat lash passed around front of bridle with reins threaded through!

Oh and same colour bandages is also a biggy for me...actually I have quite a lot of fussy things that I am a bit obsessive about...hmmm maybe I need to get a life!!!!
smirk.gif

Kentisheventer

Visit site
i actually am OCD, so either things are supremely ordered or supremely messy!

Bits are in some order... nothing particular but they have to stay like that on their hooks. reins are always taken off and put on a separate hook... and numnahs in colour order. Not to mention my wardrobe
blush.gif
i am so sad!

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
Beds. Never thought I was so picky until I let OH 'help' muck out and he nearly ruined my lovely deep litter beds that are building nicely
mad.gif
Then I have to sweep the mats one way, then the other and when I've finished the tools have to be stacked: shovel, fork, shavings fork, broom against the wall - and woe betide OH if he puts any of them back in the wrong place.

Mel85

Visit site
Oh thats another one of my things...martingales/breast plates MUST be detached from the bridle after use...they cannot possibly be stored still threaded onto the reins!!!!!!!
smirk.gif

Boots must be put away with velcros done up.

Girth and numnah must be detatched from the saddle after use!

Riding a horse with even so much as a fleck of mud on it...mine is living out at the moment and I insist on making her immaculate before riding her which is completely pointless as she just goes out and rolls again after!

I obviously have too much time on my hands!!!!
grin.gif

Vikki89

Visit site
Im OCD about checking things, have to keep checking rugs are correctly done up and keep checking stables are shut up properly before i leave the yard, even though i know i did it properly the first time.
I also got laughed at the other day as when i take boots off (travel, brushing boots etc) i have to do the valcro straps back up straight before putting them away and rugs are folded away.

Thinking about it there are an awful lot of things i do which are rather OCD, I will stop listing them now
crazy.gif

PnO

Visit site
ChicoMio, I understand your pain regarding beds! My stables have to have there beds swept back neatly into a straight line. I cannot stand stray bits of straw at the front of my stable! I can't understand how some people just don't botherd to sweep lol even though I know 2 secs after putting my horse in there he will of wrecked my neat and tidy bed
smile.gif

Cyberchick

Visit site
I have to tack up in a certain order, boots first then tack, I can't do it the other way round, it feels so wrong and boots have to go on front, back, front, back. Water bucket handles facing the wrong way. I know it's a safety issue but if I see any that are facing the wrong way, I have to change it even if it's a total stranger. I'll just do it when they are not looking
smile.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Oh thats another one of my things...martingales/breast plates MUST be detached from the bridle after use...they cannot possibly be stored still threaded onto the reins!!!!!!!
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? No, really. Someone (not an Argie!) very kindly undid my reins and detached the martingale and I was a bit bemused. Most I've ever done is unclipped the martingale bit from the breastplate bit.

brushingboots

Visit site
i cant not take of the girth..and i also must untack outside the stable regardless of the weather becaue if i do it inside its just plain wrong
blush.gif

i have to have the mucking out buckets kept in colour order
yellow at the bottom
and red at the top.
blush.gif

caramac1988

Visit site
EVERYTHING my stables are the neatest ever each horse has a colour matching haynet, water bucket, feed bucket head collar and lead rope i hate it when my mum puts the wrong haynet in whatever stable i know its sad but i can be such a perfectionist beds aswel have to be perfect and neat brushing boots etc have to be put back together velcrod up i just have too much time :p

RuthnMeg

Visit site
Leg straps on rugs is my ocd. The hind ones that cross through each other MUST be done up back on to themselves when taking a rug off - cos i hate it when people swing the rugs back on and the buckles/catches hit the horse!
I also hate to see belly straps undone in the field, or wonky rugs - and I know sometimes it happens and its no-ones fault but what if that horse got caught up, I really do panic about it!!!

jumptoit

Visit site
Leaving everything in an organised mess
grin.gif
!

I actually don't think I have one tbh! I have an A4 diary and an outlook blank printed calendar with all my winter stuff like lessons, farrier etc. on that I keep up to date but past that not a lot tbh
crazy.gif

Puppy

Visit site
I'm another one who has to take off the girth the saddle completely when untacking.

Also, bit washing - it comes straight off and into the little tub of water whilst I see to the rest of the jobs when I untack.

And another one, weighing feed - it's ok if it's a completely level scoop of something, but anything other than that and I weigh it
smile.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
I'm pretty untidy generally but i do have a few odd things.

I get very upset if things are on wrong hook in lorry wardrobe, everything has its specific place.

I must have keepers in and rugs straight.

I put on boots on certain order starting with off-fore BUT back travel boots must go on first, followed by tail bandage, followed by front boots!!!

Llanali

Visit site
My major one is quite simply hoofpicks!
Each stable has got to have a hoofpick outside it, hanging next to the headcollar, and it's GOT to be the right one ie, the line of boxes next to the tack room have blue ones, red ones next to the office, burgundy on the line next to school, a lilac one in the wash bay and yellow ones by the field gates...... 3 times a day I arrive at the yard and the first thing I do is look for hoofpicks!!!!!

I'm also OCD about haynets- pink ones for the mares, blue and green for geldings....red one for stallions.....

Oh and rugs- turnout rugs, each horse has a peg- heavyweights must go at the bottom, then MW, then lightweights, and detachable necks on the peg below.

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http
[ QUOTE ]
Leg straps on rugs is my ocd. The hind ones that cross through each other MUST be done up back on to themselves when taking a rug off - cos i hate it when people swing the rugs back on and the buckles/catches hit the horse!

[/ QUOTE ]

That

[ QUOTE ]
Also, bit washing - it comes straight off and into the little tub of water whilst I see to the rest of the jobs when I untack.

[/ QUOTE ]

That

[ QUOTE ]
leadropes clipped onto headcollars the wrong way - the clip has to face backward

[/ QUOTE ]

And that - I'm so glad someone else said that! If someone hands me a horse and they've clipped the rope on the wrong way I will automatically re-clip it... they must think I'm either being a smart *rse or I'm just odd...

Also water buckets the wrong way round. The pouring bit and the handle must both be against the wall. (I don't use buckets but when I did, this was very important to me - what a loser!)

Pixxie

Visit site
headcollars and leadropes not matching
headcollars hung up by the noseband if the headpiece is still done up and the throatlash bit is undone
beds being swept back and not straight
yard having unswept puddles on it

oh dear :s im a nutter

EveningStar

Visit site
I don't think I have anything major but everything on the near side is done first, boots, rugs etc. I'm too lazy to take my girth off so girth gets done up that side too.
Must be the whole 'everything must be done on the near side' that we get taught lol

Jane_Lou

Visit site
My stud kit......
Every stud after use must be cleaned, all mud removed from the threads with a small wire brush and then coated in WD40 and stored as sets in little bags. Makes them last mind you!

I also have a spreadsheet, colour coded by discipline, that lists all events that we can attend with classes, closing dates etc with column for the date when entries are sent.

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
My god - after reading all that I've realised I'm a totally chilled out but untidy person without a care in the world! Well kind of! I certainly don't have any OCD problems that's for sure.
Having said that I suspect it takes me a lot longer to find stuff than it does you guys!
grin.gif

Halfstep

Visit site
Girth and saddle cloth completely off the saddle when finished riding.

Bits must be washed (dirty bits are just plain wrong and yuck)

I've got a thing about stable lights - I always have to double check that they are switched off last thing.

Bandages and/or boots must match. I know the horse doesn't care but I do!!!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
I think you're all stark raving bonkers
tongue.gif
... HOWEVER, I do have a spreadsheet with all the possible feed combinations that Lukey might need depending on how much work he's doing etc together with their respective costs per bag, per kg, per day, and how much it'd cost per year to feed using that particular combination
blush.gif
I'll get my coat.......
smirk.gif