When a hack just makes everything better!

hanny93

Visit site
Took old boy pony out in all his new reflective gear today with a couple of other from the yard and oh my has it lifted my spirits!!

Had a really bad couple of weeks and just getting on him has been so good! It had snowed but was slushy underfoot or melted completely, and he was just so happy to go out!

He's now tucked up and happily eating hay and I'm freezing but with a big smile on my face.

Pointless post but I had to share ☺️☺️

pennyturner

Visit site
Something very special about hacking the oldies too. They seem to really enjoy it. One of our ponies is 30+, and the look on his face when one of the kids picks him is magic; especially if it's one of the older ones who will give him a decent canter :)

Antw23uk

Visit site
Can also relate after an awesome hack on my boy this afternoon. He was so eager to go having not been ridden all week that we just went blasting round the countryside which isnt really like me at all but we had a great time and i'm just so pleased I made the effort :D

Shady

Visit site
Not pointless and i know just what you mean, i had a really hard week and today i went out with the OH , the sun was shining, the leaves in the valley have all turned golden and brown and i rode along thinking i was just about as happy as a person can be! tomorrow i have a new barefoot trimmer coming and i'm super excited as iv'e waited a year to get her . Glad you had such a lovely day Hanny, i always treat myself to a hot chocolate after a chilly ride! x

hanny93

Visit site
D'you know I was really nervous about posting on here in case nobody replied or I got nasty comments, but it's so nice to hear everybody else had lovely days with theirs too! Hope the weather isn't too bad tomorrow because we might try again! Happy weekend everybody! ☺️

dominobrown

Visit site
I work with horses and sometimes ride 8+ a day and its extremely hard work and stressful at the moment... however took my horse out today, sun was shining, really autumnal, brilliant views of snowy mountains, well behaved happy horse= best job ever?

Firefly9410

Visit site
I do love a nice hack, especially with my relaxed oldie. It makes the world seem like a much more peaceful place. I have been unable to hack for a week or so now and I am starting to miss it. Every time I tack up the rain starts and I decide to go in the arena instead being lucky enough to have an indoor.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I also have an oldie of 21 and there's nothing I love more than the two of us going for a hack together. I managed to get an early one in before work on Thursday and the Autum colours were beautiful as was the sunlight sparkling between the trees. Every day we can enjoy together is precious.

Last two days we've been out with his mate who is also 21 and they really enjoy themselves, they've got a bit of brotherly love going on. 😄 Love the Autumn for hacking when it's not raining and blowing a gale like it is today!