When a picture means a thousand words...

black_horse

Visit site
:( i am so sorry for your loss meganlindsx :( my thoughts are with you.

When God created the horse, he said to the magnificent creature: I have made thee as no other.
All the treasures of the earth shall lie between thy eyes.
Thou shalt cast thy enemies between thy hooves,
but thou shalt carry my friends upon they back.
Thy saddle shall be the seat of prayers to me.
And thou fly without any wings, and conquer without any sword. ~ The Koran

MeganLindsx

Visit site
Thank you... was a terrible time and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

As much as i slate my mare i wouldn't change her for the world as she's my rock, very much like Dee is yours! x

misst

Visit site
That made me shed a tear.

I hope your grandfather has many years left to enjoy. I believe animals are great healers and have an understanding of our moods and needs that sometimes we don't even have for ourselves. They come at times when we need them most.

I have been lucky so far in life but have 2 horses waiting at the bridge and I know one day I will see them again. My sympathy to all who have suffered so much more even though I cannot fully appreciate their losses.

Peegeesmum

Visit site
This thread has been a very emotional read; I have tears running down my face right now.

So many of us struggle with losses,grief & illness,but what brings us all together is our love & devotion to our beloved horses. There is no friend dearer than them.

I never knew any of my Grandparents,sadly,but I have two wonderful mares waiting for me at the rainbow bridge,& I feel their presence daily. I am lucky to have 4 equines who make my life so happy through it's up's & down's, & I would crawl on my hands & knees to look after them,if I had to.

Vickijay

Visit site
What a lovely picture and post. Has brought tears to my eyes as I went to look at a special picture of my grandma, my horse and I.

No matter what happens in your life you will always have that picture and it will always be incredibly precious x

Tinsel Town

Visit site
what a gorgeous photo, and such a lovely post, yes you had me in tears!! :(

(also your horse is gorgeous, i may have to steal her...... ;) )

babymare

Visit site
what a simple post from the heart and I thank you for sharing - yes horses are more than dumb animals - like you I could never thank my baby or repay her for her love and the hope she gave me to hang in there by just knowing when I woke in those dark days her eyes , her beautiful soft eyes were waiting for me . we owe so much to our loved horses and so many never see whats in front of them - thank you and to you your horse and your grand dad i send my love and a hug xxxx