When a professional rides your baby horse.........

{97702}

Visit site
25552067_10156630898864587_7699729382649683181_n.jpg

25659785_10156630923604587_746382063582943877_n.jpg

I am absolutely delighted, he looks amazing :) :) :) I can thoroughly recommend Vittoria Pannizon Eventing :) :) :)

Bernster

Visit site
Lovely. I never know if it would make me feel better or worse. Mine is capable of loads more with a better rider, but he's stuck with me bumbling along!!

{97702}

Visit site
I was exactly the same Bernster - obviously I know I’ll never ever be 1/100th as good as V, however many lessons I have! But it really helps Jensen as an inexperienced jumper, and I have a fab time when I get back on and jump him myself :)

I’ve got a jump lesson on Wednesday to start to teach me how to do it better :D

Bernster

Visit site
Good. I get F schooled weekly but I'm not there to see it. I'd like him to get jump work too as am sure that would help his confidence, will try that in the new year.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Just curious: why would anyone feel bad if a professional rode their horse? Is it because the horse goes better for the pro rider? Honestly, I'd be pretty cross if it didn't.

Diddleydoo

Visit site
Wow, just wow. He looks amazing, 2018 will be a fantastic year for both of you

I have 'lower leg position' envy. If only........

SEL

Visit site
Just curious: why would anyone feel bad if a professional rode their horse? Is it because the horse goes better for the pro rider? Honestly, I'd be pretty cross if it didn't.

I suppose it's a bit of a reality check that we're not as good as we'd like / hope to be! I enjoy watching mine being ridden - made me realise what she can do plus the confidence to kick myself up the backside to get on with it.

Maesto's Girl

Visit site
I love it when my instructor rides my mare as it helps prove she takes the mickey and throws temper tantrums when anyone’s riding her! I was getting quite disheartened that it was just me!

{97702}

Visit site
I had a jump lesson tonight, I will soon be hoicking up my stirrups I feel :D :D

Jensen felt amazing, straight as a die down a grid when before he has always been very babyish and wobbly - together with ducking out or stopping given the chance! Clearly he has been positively influenced :D

I have so much to learn still, but we finished on a 3 fence grid of a cross pole, an 85cm upright and an 85cm parallel, it felt brilliant :) :) And bearing in mind I want to jump BE80 this season, that’ll do for me height wise at this stage :D

Equi

Visit site
He looks amazing! I fear a professional on my horse would not go well. Hes a sensitive soul and too much trying to make him do things would end up in him going very badly and anxiously - he has earned his relaxation rides now even though we still do proper "things" and work on going properly, we just take a bit longer to achieve them, and a professional who was getting paid perhour would want them a little faster on what is supposed to be an established horse. Hes had a few riders, and while he will go for them he won't give them his head or go in an outline, which can be annoying as he has literally just been doing it for me, and will again do it for me as soon as i get back on. We just have an understanding now.

My instructor is retired from riding, but has gotten to know him very well and when i considered a training event she messaged to say that while it will be hugely beneficial to him and me, not to get swept up and let the person ride him because he would not appreciate their style of riding - which has obviously gotten them to hugely successful place but my horse is not and never was intended for such a life.