When are long riding riding boots too long?

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
I got some long riding boots (ariat bromonts) at the weekend, but I can't decide if they're too long! How much do they drop over time? At the moment they're digging into the back of my knees when I wear them - I'm not sure whether to send them back. Has anyone else had this problem?

eggs

Visit site
If they are uncomfortable you aren't likely to wear them so they won't get much use and drop. I've not tried Ariat Bromonts but you might find some heel wedges will get you through the uncomfortable stage.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Contact ariat's customer service and they will send you a pair of heel raisers free of charge and that will help. I contacted them via their facebook page and was told to email them as I had to do this with my Bromonts as they were catching the behind my knee when I was riding short for jumping and I now love the boots.

ebonyallen

Visit site
If they are uncomfortable you aren't likely to wear them so they won't get much use and drop. I've not tried Ariat Bromonts but you might find some heel wedges will get you through the uncomfortable stage.
I agree with eggs, this is what my new pair are like, but the first pair I had were the same and they did drop with ware and ended up really lovely to wear. If you contact Ariat they should be able to send you some, I got mine free of charge from the shop where I got the boots from, its worth a try.