When did Oliver take over Emily King's horse?

{97702}

Visit site
Looking at the BE results, he took over the ride on Mr HiHo last September - sorry, no idea why as I don't follow either rider

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Thanks. I just got a surprise when I read it in H&H last week. Was it the one she fell off? I just thought she'd done quite well bringing on that horse previously, I wondered if it had been poached.

Pigeon

Visit site
I saw her dressage last year at Blenheim and was seriously impressed. She was in the lead by quite a way and really deserved to be! I think she had a fall XC which was a shame.

She's brave to be back out eventing, I'm not sure I would after the Bishop Burton fall!!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Yes. She obviously got the brave gene. Perhaps the fall was the final thing that made her decide to let him go. Shame though, I think that he was the one she bought as a young novice (against her mum' swishes) and brought on to advanced by herself.

Branna

Visit site
I'm sure I read that Mary took him on for a couple of events last season because he was being difficult, he was eliminated in the SJ at Bramham with Emily. It isn't the same horse as the one she had a couple of falls on

LittleOwl

Visit site
I overheard a conversation at an event (I'm assuming they were the horse's owners or some of OTs connections) and they said it was the showjumping issue. Apparently she was having issues with him stopping uncharacteristically

pootler

Visit site
I do think that Mary and Emily King are both really sensible and realistic about horses. I've seen Mary pass on a few horses to other riders that don't suit her (Chilli Morning being one of them). This is despite the fact that they seem to be performing well for her. If I was ever in a position to own a horse and send it to her I would feel very comfortable that she wouldn't hold on to a horse for the sake of it, that she had everyone's best interests at heart.

hcm88

Visit site
I saw her dressage last year at Blenheim and was seriously impressed. She was in the lead by quite a way and really deserved to be! I think she had a fall XC which was a shame.

She's brave to be back out eventing, I'm not sure I would after the Bishop Burton fall!!

Pretty sure it was Brookleigh at Blenheim, fell at the second fence XC. her fall at Bishop Burton was also Brookleigh.

She was having issues in the show jumping with Mr Hiho, I know Mary took him on for a couple of events but she's very honest when it comes to realising a horse isn't going to suit her and they appear to have thought he'd be better elsewhere. A shame for Emily as she's ridden him his whole career (I think!) but she's got some very exciting new horses this season.