when did you know it was time to sell?

samleigh

Visit site
As post says, having had H for 15 months regular show jumping and dressage lessons, I still wouldn't feel confident putting up jumps at home and having a pop with out my instructor, nasty stop, big buck...due to flood, Xmas and weather he hasn't had much work so now even flat work is full of acrobatics. He's a 16,1 TB Fed on spillers conditioning fibre, no 4 & speedibeet, ad lib haulage, 10 hrs TO.. looks well but not over weight...but it's all year especially SJ and XC he makes nothing easy or pleasant and quite frankly I'm Fed up of him scaring me...but my heart says this is going to hurt like hell parting, he's my baby.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
If you're not happy with the horse, there are plenty of others out there to choose from, and plenty of potential owners who may really like the way your horse goes. And he's not a baby; he's a horse.

Ella19

Visit site
I agree with the above but have you tried changing his feed? Speedibeet sends mine off the wall. She's still sharp but much better since I changed her diet.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Yours would sound like a dream to my sharer (don't even think about it, she is mine) but for you he isn't the one. Sell to a good home that does want a TB with a pop and find something that wont scare the beheebies out of you! Life is too short :)

hnmisty

Visit site
I have just decided to sell Barry after 7 months. I've just never felt totally happy on him, especially out hacking.

As some people on here will know, it was a hard decision to make. I've never sold before, and he is a lovely horse, there isn't a mean bone in his body. But I've gone from loving riding and not wanting to get off to relieved we've made it back from a hack.

I've found him a lady who seems very nice, she's sent me photos of his new home and he has a skylight!

So from someone who is in a pretty similar situation to you...do it. Sell, and find something you just feel right on. It won't be easy, but once you've got that new one you'll be glad you did it. That's what everyone is telling me anyway so I hope it's true! Lol

Kenzo

Visit site
From what you have detailed on your post, I'd give it a bit more thought before making any decissions, making a few little changes here and there first to see if things improve, after all TB's can be sensitive little creatures so finding the right diet, environment and routine can really help matters.
If it's any consolation I've just put my lad on that Spillers Conditioning Fibre as well as his usual sugar beet and C & C and he was rather fresh when he went out, may of just been that day but it could be the change in food, time will soon tell!

Daytona

Visit site
I thought about it after the first incident , which left my with a crushed leg, operation to remove some of my lower calf and skin grafts over it. Weeks of work and on crutches

But thought hmmm he a baby he will grow out of it

Then he threw me into a wall and I thought I had broke my back

I should if sold then ... But no I loved him, it was my fault not his

12 months of professional schooling and thousands of pounds followed

I was back on board and happy..,
For a few months..

This time 3 ruptured disc, tendons , muscles ripped away from my hip bone and I'm left with permanate nerve damage.

Did I sell..? Did I ever, he was my boy I loved him

Another 4 months professional school , few more grand spent.,

Back on board 2 weeks this and bam , thrown again..!

Still in tears and now scared of my boy I picked up the phone and swapped him the very next day with a pro rider for a lovely sweet mare.

I'm happy, I love my new horse and my boy is being ridden by a pro and loving life.

I faced facts he was too much

I just wished I'd done it sooner and followed my head and not my heart.,
I'm in hospital again in feb for 1 last operation to try and sort the damage caused by said horse

Don't be a fool like I was, if you know in you head he not for you get rid before you end up hurt

No horse is worth time in hospital for

Good luck xx