When did you stop riding?

kc921

Visit site
Hey all!
So I am 17 weeks pregnant,
I have a very supportive boyfriend and family, they all have no problem with me still riding, although they do get nervous which is understandable.
I have 2 fantastic sharers who have him 5 days between them so he still gets plenty of hacking out and schooling work!

He is an exracer and it's the time of year where he gets a little spooky and forward going so I am mainly just walking him around the school or up the off road track or doing bonding exercises with him.

My partner is always with me when I ride, or one of my sharers will pop up and watch me ride/walk up the track with me.

So, after how many weeks did you stop riding or did you carry on all the way through? ?

Thank you!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Congratulations. I stopped 32 and 28 wks with my two. It's a personal choice and you have to think of the what if's more and not take unneccessary risks. I'd had my pony 14yrs or so and had backed him so felt safe and comfortable.

mariew

Visit site
At about 16-20 weeks as I was having a lesson and my horse put in a happy broncing session down the long side. Figured it really wasn't worth the risk for what is really a very short time in your life.

Sprat

Visit site
I continued until 36 weeks, albeit only schooling as my mare can be a bit of a firecracker to hack. I eased off from about 32 weeks and probably only rode a couple of times a week.
I’m currently 2 weeks postpartum and I had lofty ideas of being back on board by week 3, but after a traumatic labour and recovery I think it will be much longer before I’m back on board.
You know your horse, I think go with your gut on how you feel. I stopped as I was so bloody uncomfortable, but still desperately wanted to continue, but then I know my mare is safe as houses in the school. I stopped jumping by about 20 weeks.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I rode until 35 weeks, by then the what ifs were very real and I was too big and uncomfortable! I jumped competitively up until 30 weeks, but I knew my horses inside and out and jumped heights I was 100% comfortable at. You have to do what feels right for you. Everyone makes different decisions based on what they feel is best. Trust your instinct and don't feel pressure from anyone else either way, they aren't living your life!

Auslander

Visit site
About 36 weeks for me. I stopped because I had weird hip pains and got stuck on a coffee table at home (I was standing on it to get to the fusebox), and it struck me that if I got similarly stuck on a horse, there may be a problem! I only rode horses I knew inside out, and didn't do anything very exciting while I was pregnant

kc921

Visit site
Thank you everyone, I have decided to stop riding, as like some of you said I just feel really unbalanced and don't want to risk coming off! So lots of pampering and bonding time to spend with my boy inside! ?