When do natives stop growing?

*Sahara

Visit site
Hello all hope you are well, i haven't been on in a while so was shocked at the change and really shocked by the search no longer working 😞 but on with the question, when do natives stop growing, I'm trying to figure out how big Nugget will end up, he's a cob mix (a mix of i have no idea) defiantly a heavy boy, he's a solid rock, his age is 15 mounths now and he's 11.3

Nudibranch

Visit site
If he's a cob mix he's not a native, or will be mix of, so it would be hard to try and predict as you don't know what genes are in the mix. It varies within breeds anyway! Have you tried the string test?

JJS

Visit site
I have a 17 month old cob x Welsh D. Both breeds tend to be slow growers, not reaching their final heights until 7 or 8. Mine string tests to 16hh on the dot and is a little over 14hh now (nearly 15hh behind though).

*Sahara

Visit site
I will do the string test tonight and see how he comes out, he is stressing the hell out of me, if he doesn't grow big enough i don't know what I'll do, he was supposed to be my riding pony but don't think i have the heart to sell him on it he doesn't make the hight i want 😢

Snowfilly

Visit site
Often heard 7 years for the bigger natives like Highlands. Cobs are slow are as well.

Of course, the correct answer is 6 months after you think they've finally finished and splash out an expensive saddle for the ungrateful beast!

*Sahara

Visit site
Well I've done the string test and it looks like he's going to grow another 2 hands, meaning he'll be 13.3, and if this ends up being true then it's good news as that was the minimum for me 😓 christ I'm still going to worry though!