Pictures When horses just make everything seem better...

ImmyS

Visit site
Been having a bit of a rough time at the minute with my Dad poorly in hospital and finding out my partner is a lying, unfaithful *insert rude word here*.

Walking out with Arlo this evening has just made the world feel a little bit better. Horses really are good for the soul. He is bringing me so much joy at the minute, he looks fantastic, is going amazing and is just a general joy. Just a self pitying post really but needed to talk about it, anyone else using their horses for consolation at the minute?

Ris6NK9.jpg

Being nosey

9w63enK.jpg

ApDK1g0.jpg

rfbgwCS.jpg

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Glad you're feeling better...hope your dad is ok...and hope your (assume ex?) gets hit by a bus - ok ok not really.

Gosh yes having horses has saved me. When I was a teenager my best friend was murdered and I got told the news while I was at the stables, I really don't know what would have happened if Brieze wasn't with me. I just collapsed into her neck and stayed there for a good hour, she was very patient and just let me fall on her.

I always ask my non-horsey friends and colleagues how on earth they cope with life without horses and dogs. I just couldn't.

ImmyS

Visit site
Glad you're feeling better...hope your dad is ok...and hope your (assume ex?) gets hit by a bus - ok ok not really.

Gosh yes having horses has saved me. When I was a teenager my best friend was murdered and I got told the news while I was at the stables, I really don't know what would have happened if Brieze wasn't with me. I just collapsed into her neck and stayed there for a good hour, she was very patient and just let me fall on her.

I always ask my non-horsey friends and colleagues how on earth they cope with life without horses and dogs. I just couldn't.

I am sorry to hear about your friend, so awful! Horses really are a saving grace aren’t they

J&S

Visit site
My mother died when I was very young and they sent me off riding because I loved it so much. Horse/ponies have been a life saver for me ever since.

ImmyS

Visit site
My mother died when I was very young and they sent me off riding because I loved it so much. Horse/ponies have been a life saver for me ever since.

Im sorry to hear about your mother. I love hearing stories about how horses have saved people/given then hope, it’s very heartwarming in hard times.

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your dad. As for the (ex I now presume) boyfriend, I hope he’s totally ashamed of himself.

My (now certainly ex!!) boyfriend walked out about 3 weeks ago now. If you’ve read my post in the club house, full details there.

But yes going and sorting Bobby out every night has given me some normality, as well as a reason to smile every day. He really is the light of my life and I’m not sure what I would’ve done without him these past few weeks.

ImmyS

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your dad. As for the (ex I now presume) boyfriend, I hope he’s totally ashamed of himself.

My (now certainly ex!!) boyfriend walked out about 3 weeks ago now. If you’ve read my post in the club house, full details there.

But yes going and sorting Bobby out every night has given me some normality, as well as a reason to smile every day. He really is the light of my life and I’m not sure what I would’ve done without him these past few weeks.

Sorry you’ve had a rubbish time also. Mine in now also definitely EX. I just love horses and the joy they bring, and they don’t even know it.

Flicker

Visit site
Sorry to hear about everyone’s horrible times you’re all having. Have a big hug from me.
Arlo is gorgeous.

ponynutz

Visit site
"Do some squats and remember who you are!" Love this quote from a friend when I went through a similar situation with my ex. Hugs I know it's horrible!
Arlo is just beautiful!

silv

Visit site
My husband died quite suddenly two years ago, I honestly don't know what I would do without my horses and dogs. My horsey friends all rallied round and were so kind to me, competing most weekends has given me something to focus on and just having animals around dependent on me has given me a reason to keep on going and a purpose.

Annagain

Visit site
Arlo is worth 10 of your lying, cheating, immature, selfish excuse for a boyfriend and, on the plus side, getting rid of him means you can spend more time with Arlo! I always tell my OH "The horses were here a long time before you and they'll be here a long time after you." I'm only half joking.
Hope your dad is better soon.

Chippers1

Visit site
Having had a similar situation with an ex a few months ago, and it really knocking me for six, although horses sort of took a back seat i'm now stuck right back in and remembering why I loved it in the first place :) men suck!!

Lurfy

Visit site
I am so glad you have lovely Arlo to help you get through a very difficult time. I have received so much peace and happiness from my horses over the years particularly during the hard times. I consider myself very lucky to have had a lifetime with horses, they have been marvellous.

Trouper

Visit site
Arlo is looking great and your progress reports on him are always so heartwarming to read. He is worth investing all your time on and, until a more intelligent example of the male species comes along(!), enjoy your independence. Hope Dad is out of hospital soon.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Horses are good for the soul. Yes, they can put us through hell at times with illness, injury or even just went struggling with awful weather but I defy anyone not to feel a tiny bit better when they hear that beautiful sound of their horse munching on a haynet or whickering a greeting.

Hope things pick up for you soon OP

Denbob

Visit site
Oh this thread has me welling up at work. ImmyS I wish all sorts of minor inconveniences on your nasty ex and lots of hugs to you and everyone else going through a tough time.

The (normally very accurate) rumour mill has suggested there may be redundancies in my team at work, all while two of my colleagues/friends are signed off sick with stress because they're being threatened with dismissal over a very nasty incident which was not their fault. It's created a really unpleasant environment to work in and I've been landed with their workload as well. Feeling very unmotivated to ride but giving Denzel a few extra slices of hay in the evening before I turn out and just sitting in his stable means I don't go home in a foul mood.

BOWS28

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your rubbish luck. I wish your dad huge well wishes and as for the pig of an ex... well, polite words just don't cut it!!

I'm having abit of a rubbish time too and have to say, although the motivation for riding has disappeared, a cuddle and just some quiet time at the yard has made all the difference! Chin up lovely x

dorsetladette

Visit site
I've got a few family issues at present and your right, they just know. I'm not riding at present as just don't have the inclination too (and one is a bit broken), but my boys just seem to understand. Older one just follows me round the field to be 'with' me. And its not for food as I don't tipbit, he just wants cuddles and scratches - standing between me and the barrow when its pouring down is a little annoying, but he means well. :)

Annagain

Visit site
Was this the same partner you had split up with when you were considering selling Arlo a while back (thank goodness you didn't!) or a new one? Either way you're well shot of him.

Mrs G

Visit site
Absolutely horses make things better! Quite honestly I wouldnt have had a reason to go on without my lad. I couldnt abandon him. Even now Im on a more even keel, riding him is the only time when I forget everything thats gone on and am truly just in the moment.