Pictures When is eventing not eventing?

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
When the organisers have to cancel the cross country, I mean it’s the only reason you go eventing and think getting up at 5am after a girly hot tub filled weekend is a good idea!!

It was dark and cold when we set off, I did question why on earth I was doing it, Skylla was most intrigued about what was going on being caught in the dark with a phone torch lol! Arrived with just enough time, to run round half the XC course (see first sentence for why we didn't walk it the day before, hot tubs and fizz are more fun lol), we planned on running the second half in-between phases...

Onto the first phase the dressage, decided on a short warm up as she just gets hotter and hotter the more excited she gets 🙈, plus we ‘should’ have had two more phases to contend, so I didn't want to over cook her too early! She actually warmed up really nicely, balanced, listening, controlled, but went super excitable and distracted in the test 🙈, oh well you don't go eventing for the dressage right?

Also, eventing dressage makes no sense to me after BD, comment of explosive 😂 (it was true!), but a mark of 7? I ain’t complaining Topaz was never ‘given’ marks 🤪.

69509666_1098197723699420_6996504628581892096_n.jpg

Onto showjumping, warm up was a little chaotic 😬😱, Skylla coped really well as other horses do make her a little more hot if that is even possible. Into the ring and the course was super friendly and small 😉. Tried some cantering, not sure we can canter and see a stride yet 🤣🙈, but a very nice clear round 👌🏻.
69930720_1098197753699417_8865060125283450880_n.jpg

69479322_1098574210328438_2225932514151628800_n.jpg

69734532_1098574200328439_1936341771533418496_n.jpg

69428873_1098574203661772_4307688439374938112_n.jpg

69444510_1098574270328432_5492807054647099392_n.jpg

If in doubt take one out, Skylla totally 'had' this way more than I did!
69460160_1098197803699412_1853302233882427392_n.jpg

I really need to work on putting my hands forward instead of slipping my reins, as I really don't need to be so defensive on this one! Always something to work on!

No final phase as the paramedics were delayed (and didn't make it at all in the end) and the organisers took the decision to cancel the XC, super disappointing first world problem right 🤷🏼‍♀️, so for our combined training day we managed a very respectable 3rd place! Skylla thought she was awesome and is gaining confidence with every outing, so she's a happy bunny though I know she'd have preferred to have ditched the dressage rather than the XC lol!

So a re-arranging of plans means our eventing debut will now hopefully be at the end of Sept, fingers crossed we make it through all three phases at that one!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
What a gorgeous girl! She looks hot and I haven't even watched the videos yet. Well done on your 3rd place. Shame about the cross country though.

ScampiBigMan

Visit site
Ah thank you :), Skylla enjoyed herself so much! It was at Smallwood in Cheshire, lovely venue!
Smallwood XC course is lovely, have used for both current two to get them going XC and eventing. We've been to quite a few of the MDRC organised XC and ODE, always a good day out and educational XC courses. Hope you both get to enjoy the XC next time. She has a lovely expression throughout the videos and in the photos, she looks alot of fun!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
what a complete bummer about the XC. She looks like she would have been well up for it :D

She was so excited! We popped a warmup XC fence just because we were already on and walking down to the warmup! Think she would have aced the course, I’m going to go to the hunter trails and do the 80cm (different organisers though😜).

What a gorgeous girl! She looks hot and I haven't even watched the videos yet. Well done on your 3rd place. Shame about the cross country though.

Haha she was really buzzy, but just excitement which is nice, she just wants to get on and do the job!

Smallwood XC course is lovely, have used for both current two to get them going XC and eventing. We've been to quite a few of the MDRC organised XC and ODE, always a good day out and educational XC courses. Hope you both get to enjoy the XC next time. She has a lovely expression throughout the videos and in the photos, she looks alot of fun!

Yeah it’s a lovely venue I’ve been a lot over the years, the XC is always a very high standard but kind to those starting out ☺️.

I think it’s a MDRC hunter trails I’ve just entered at Smallwood, let’s hope the paramedics make it this time 😂.

Hopefully you got some of your entry fee back?

I’ve got to send a self addressed envelope off with my name and the horse I was riding, so they can send a cheque over for half the fees back. Great that they’re partially refunding but cheques are such a pain...

wrong board!

Intrigued to know what you posted now 😁.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
She’s keen to get on with the job, isn’t she, well held :D!! I was chief SJ pole picker at that event in 2017, the SJ is on a fair slope, so even more kudos to you! Such a shame about the XC.

Haha thank you, she’s keen but currently fairly polite to the bit, I think as her confidence grows she ‘may’ need more breaks lol.

Fun outing. Good progress being made :)
Shame about XC

Thank you, great fun and it sucks as I think she would have loved the xc course... ah well onto the next one!

mle22

Visit site
Shame you didn’t get to go xc - well done on the other phases. Paramedics should have been in attendance throughout the event though, not just for xc!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Shame you didn’t get to go xc - well done on the other phases. Paramedics should have been in attendance throughout the event though, not just for xc!

I queried this with the lady who was telling us the XC was cancelled and got a very sharp response :oops:, I think there was first aid at the SJ from what I've heard but not sure who they were if they weren't enough for XC to go ahead?

She's looking really great!

Thank you :).

Well done!! She’s beautiful!! Cracking pics ♥️

Ah thank you, it makes it a bit easier if they are nice to look at when they're being naughty lol :p.