When it says 18 it means.........

appyjude

Visit site
Honestly, some people just amaze me. A friend of mine has a really lovely 16h gelding for sale, he does everything with his eyes closed - jumps, hunts, hacks - throw him in a field for a month then drag him out, saddle him up and off you go on an ears pricked, interested hack. He is never sick or sorry, has no medical ailments and is anyones ride and he is advertised as such with a realistic price tag in view of his age.

Yet who do we get phoning and wasting our time going to see him - people who say, oh well he is really lovely and would be just perfect but I was looking for something younger!!!!!

Arghhhhhhh

Jude

GinaGem

Visit site
I hate people like that. And to me an older school master is worth it's weight in gold for so many reasons. Hope he finds a nice home. xxx

bex1984

Visit site
I sold a 21 yr old earlier this year and that was really difficult, he was healthy, sane and sound, but I did have to drop the price a lot because for his own (and my own) good I needed a quick sale.

Hope you find the right home for him soon, he sounds lovely.

hannah87

Visit site
its such a shame ppl write horses off once they reacha certain age - my lad is only 13 but wen ppl ask they immediately change the way they were speaking off him - indicating he only has about 2 years left in him really for competeing - wat a load of bollox!!

appyjude

Visit site
Harry is suitable for a novice and is most certainly up to weight, he is an IDxTB but far more on the ID side!! He is advertised with rugs for £2K and his tack is available seperately. I will try to put a photo on for you if you like.

Jude

Capriole

Visit site
mines 20, but he's in great nick, the chiro said the other day that he was in better knick than the gees no where near his age hed seen earlier

Onyxia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's because of the re-sell value, he maybe worth the money now, but in just a few years time that price will be knocked down and everyone knows it!

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think it's that as much as insurance.
Most companys only insure up to 15 and a lo of the ones that go over that have a very long list of exclusions even if the horse has alwys been healthy.

Capriole

Visit site
my 20 yr old has no insurance and he's had the vvet about 3 times in his entire life (except routine visits obv.), but insurance companies dont want to know them