When will a genuine person come along?!?!

CobGal

Visit site
Big Long rant approaching....

After many tears and tantrums I have decided to sell my Piebald Cob gelding, I bought him as a 2 YO and broke him in myself..... I habe been through everything with him 'by my side' from splitting up with boyfriends to buying my first house - It was always his neck I cried on!

Now due to money and time I have decided to sell him, and advertised him several weeks ago.
Due to his stamp and size I have been inundated with calls and had many viewings - Mostly from people wanting a free ride it seems! I have advertised him as not a complete novice ride and after careful screening over the phone still get novice riders turning up, or people who want to hack him for over an hour and then say 'nahhh he's to small/big/ etc etc....

I really am beginning to lose hope!!

I want him to go to the very best home possilble and wonder if I will ever find it!

catdragon

Visit site
So sorry to hear that you are having a horrid time at a time when you don't need it
frown.gif
I hope that the right person comes along, in fact someones posted earlier in the forum saying they cant find a safe sane cob to hack...It may be worth sending them a PM?

CobGal

Visit site
Thank you Catdragon - I think that was HappytoHack, they are looking for a HW and 15.2 +

My lad is MW and 15.1hh....

The search continues!!

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
All I can say to your worries is:
Welcome to the world of selling horses
crazy.gif

I'm afraid there are plenty of numpties all over the place, sometimes I really wonder why they bother to ring/view etc...

Cliqmo

Visit site
Where is he currently advertised? Is it worth advertising him somewhere else? or using different wording? If you post a copy of the ad on here I'm sure tons of people will explain what it contains that would put them off ringing you?
smile.gif

silverbreeze

Visit site
Do you need the money from the sale or could you loan him so that it isn't as terrible and heartbreaking? I found an absolutely brilliant loan home for one of my babies as I was struggling with time and I am so glad I went down the loan route rather than sale..
Where area are you located?

CobGal

Visit site
Ideally I would like the pennies.....My car has just died and has cost a fortune to be fixed...

I now run my own yard and have very little time, so he has had a few sharers over the past year.

I have had bad experiences with loaning, so whilst it is heartbreaking would rather to cut to the chase and sell the slobbering fool!

qwertyuiop

Visit site
There are as many time-wasters selling as buying. I helped a friend last year and we wasted loads of time travelling to see horses which totally failed the Ronseal test.

CobGal

Visit site
Horsemart & local posters etc, in all honesty its big a huge decision to make so I have not pushed advertising too much as yet.
We are in Guildford, Surrey.

Steeleydan

Visit site
You could try H&H if he is under 3K they do a good price in that section, timewasters are very frustrating, basically Iam too tight to waste the money on petrol to just get a ride!! Next time some one comes when they first get there and look him over maybe ask you to trot him up, if they then proceed to ask you to ride him for them you could then say"Are you sufficiently interested to for me to ride him, do you like his stamp etc?" Might save a bit of wasted time.