when will she settle down?

ilovemyarab

Visit site
hi peeps iv just bought a pure egyption arab mare and shes so flighty and trots side ways all the time she just wants to go go go if i tell you how old she is would you believe me?? shes 15 yrs old!! she acts like a 3 yr old, i love her so much and i reli dont want her to settle down but do you thik she will soon? or is she too old to be trotting all the time dont wana hurt her legs
confused.gif
<font color="pink"> </font>

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
I'm sure she'll get a bit calmer, it depends what you do with her and what she did before you got her. My current horse was seven when I got him and a nutter, so much that his old owner would hardly ever ride him, but now he's in regualr work he's clamed down loads. He still has energy and enthusiasm but I can put it to constructive use now, I love that he likes to work, at least you know your new mare will also always be enthusiastic!

ilovemyarab

Visit site
will i do any damage to her back or legs as she likes to trot constantly i feel awfull goin up and down on her bak all the time or if i end up giving her splints or something?

debradley

Visit site
Hi there. Maybe a daft question but have you checked all the tack etc to make sure it's not pinching anywhere and she may be trying to avoid it?? Other thing is the feed? I bought a pony about 18months ago and she would just fizz at anything, it got to the point were my daughter was worrying riding her. I put her onto just a little "Ride and Relax" half a scoop and hay in her stable at night. During the summer months she's on nothing but grass, but even then in the spring time I have to limit her intake as too much of that lovely sweet stuff that's around at present sends her loopy, she'll run you in circles even leading her if she gets too much!

ilovemyarab

Visit site
hi yes iv ridden her bare back and dhe is still same her ears are always forward its just like she loves to go, shes not on any feed i dernt put her on any! shes not mad tho shes just like oh i love this i want to go fatser

ghosthooves

Visit site
One of the arabs I sometimes ride is 24 and mucks about like that all the time. He's a riding school horse so has lots of different riders and he's never come to any harm.He has got (slightly) calmer over the last year or so but ther isn't a huge difference. Call it breeding
tongue.gif
I've never met an arab that hasn't had a crazy streak in them
grin.gif
And that's why I love them
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

ilovemyarab

Visit site
i used to have an arab that was like a lazy cob believe it or not he was pure bred 2 i could put a new born baby on him he was just 2 slow!! i want to share this arab iv got as she just needs ridin so much sje does reli love it