when will she turn grey?

Cliqmo

Visit site
My chap is 4yrs and still very dappled but will lighten with time; and it is unusual to get steel grey or iron grey horses at 8-10yrs as they have normally faded out by then but beyond that I think it varies massively.

Ezme

Visit site
With the heavies, scrooge was iron at 3, white by 5
Jacob was dark dapples at 3 and is now white in front but still has a dapply bum age 5 (it was his birthday last week!)
Tim on the other hand was very dark nearly black grey at 2 1/2 and now a year later is only a little lighter

loulabelle

Visit site
Theres no really a science to how long they will take to fade, as far as im aware it varies from horses to horse.
My girl is steel grey at 3 years old and hate the thought of her fading out she is such a pretty colour
frown.gif

Hoping she does it very very slowly although already her summer coat is alot lighter than her winter coat was

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
My grey (on a chestnut base) was rose grey as a yearling, but now, at just turned four she is dappled grey with a steel grey mane and tail, and white socks still.
She isn't getting lighter very quickly, but I anticipate she will gradually go white like her sire.
Timescales vary.
S
grin.gif