When you are not included

gingerarab

Visit site
Not sure how to take this to be honest so opinions welcome.

Neighbors of 20+ years across the road from me, organized a low-level dressage event and invited various local people but left me out - not sure why I was not included but they do have a history of making spiteful comments at times, although overall I would say we were friendly. It made me feel like the only kid not invited to the birthday party in the next-door garden - left out and watching from afar!

Fransurrey

Visit site
Says more about them than you, but if they have a history of making spiteful comments (presumably about you), is an event worth having to pretend you like someone? Maybe I'm just getting old, but I can't be bothered with masking my opinions about people these days, so I just don't mix with those people I dislike!

Antw23uk

Visit site
If I was organising my own dressage competition I wouldn't invite anyone that would beat me ? so take it as a compliment ?

OP you can be upset or you can take TPO's comment as the way forward. Absolutely spot on lol :) Dont take it to heart, it says more about them than you, just mind your business and organise a lovely visit out with you and your horse and not give it a second thought.

scruffyponies

Visit site
If the 'various local people' are their friends, then they have hosted a private event, and you were just not part of that group. It's a bit odd to be judging other people's friendship choices, and getting yourself all het up because someone else doesn't consder you one of their friend group is playground politics. Nobody is ENTITLED to an invite to a party.