Where are all the cheap and chearful horses?

NicolaC

Visit site
I'm on the look out for a new horse but have a small budget. When I wasn't looking there were loads about but now i'm looking they all seem to have dissapered or they are miles away.
frown.gif

I'm not looking for a world beater. Don't mind quirks, some thing strong, or that has just been backed.

The price's people want for some are rediculous.
mad.gif

Sorry for the rant, just need to get it off my chest.
frown.gif

Flame_

Visit site
I started out looking around with this mindset but chucked it I'm afraid. I don't know what you're looking for type-wise but I wanted a sports horse 4 - 6 year old and almost everything I viewed for less than £5k (and I ended up seeing about 30 horses) was unsound. The odd one was just impossible - as in the regular rider showing it to me couldn't get them to trot round a school or field for napping etc...

The only way to get a cheap, sound, rideable horse is to go for a smaller native type, something getting on a bit or something with a lot of common blood. I hope you come across something soon.
smile.gif

NicolaC

Visit site
I am south Lincs with a budget of £1500. Will travel upto 75miles away. It has to be over 14.3hh but under 16.1hh. Don't mind native as I already have a 2 year old section D.

NicolaC

Visit site
Many thanks Rach.

I do like the look of the second and third ones but again they are about 3 - 3 1/2 hours away.

xnaughtybutnicex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am astounded that nowadays any sound horse or even pony with potential can be purchased as a project ofr under £1,500. I haven't had time to look at the links though. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

i know but you can find loads even saw a couple of ponies for around £800 because they were recently backed/ can be strong/ a little bit naughty/ need bringing on - none of them were lame, old or had any real problems or vices.

measles

Visit site
Both times we have bought 148cms ponies it's taken months to find one and we had a much, much larger budget! Perhaps that's where we went wrong...!

Anyone who has a 148cms with scope to jump up the grades BSJA for under £1,500 please do get in touch!!
tongue.gif