Where are all the sharers?

lilaclomax

Visit site
I know this has been posted many times before but where are the sharers hiding at the moment?
I am on a nice yard with fantastic hacking, manege on site and a great pony who both myself and my 7 year old daughter ride, we are on the edge of a large town with a bus stop at the end of the lane... Not sure where else to advertise!

Randonneuse

Stroud/Cirencester (but France originally!)
Visit site
I have found a sharer (eventually, as I started advertising last Summer!) 2 weeks ago (well, she found my advert-she is my first sharer) through the website "yours 2 share". I also had an advert on Preloved but only had a 14 stones girl contacting me when I wrote in the ad I needed someone under 10 stones due to the size of my pony!
I put an ad in an animals feedshop/saddlery but didn't get anyone from there either as I don't think people who don't have horses go to have a look at the adverts board there!
You can also try the website "equineadvert" as well as"gumtree".
But I really struggled to find someone and the sharer I know have is going to Uni in October so will then have to look for an other one!

Good luck :)

KittyJay

Visit site
If you live in the central south the NFED is perfect - nice horses in nice places get snapped up on there in a couple of days. I'm a sharer and the other websites just didn't produce much. Other than the NFED most of the horses I tried were through word of mouth - I got everybody horsey I knew to spread my name around and I think it worked the other way as well. You could put adverts up in a riding school (with a good repuation) as non-owners don't really visit feedshops and things very often. Good luck!

Echo24

Visit site
I struggled to find a horse to share but my problem was more finding a suitable horse (I'm a confident novice) and one that's not too far. Some people got in touch with some lovely horses but they were at least 45 minutes away! In the end I've managed to share a lovely ISH X but even then it's still at least a 30 minute drive to get to the yard. Would love to find something closer to where I live but for me, there's not much out there!

bitlessbill

Visit site
I struggled to find a horse to share but my problem was more finding a suitable horse (I'm a confident novice) and one that's not too far. Some people got in touch with some lovely horses but they were at least 45 minutes away! In the end I've managed to share a lovely ISH X but even then it's still at least a 30 minute drive to get to the yard. Would love to find something closer to where I live but for me, there's not much out there!

Have PM'd you.

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
I'm struggling to find a horse to share at the mo. I have a couple of restrictions though which doesn't help, i need somewhere very local as 1) i work afternoons and 2) don't drive so need to be able to get back and forth by lunchtime. Something will come along though it always does!

Rachaelpink

Visit site
lilaclomax I know how you feel! I had a lovely sharer until Nov/ Dec when she had to give up due to pregnancy. I've shared my horse on and off since I've owned her and have usually struggled to have/find a sharer over winter. I think if someone isn't sharing already they don't tend to bother until the weather is better. My yard has an indoor school which I'm stabled right next to, so it's one of the best yards to be on over winter, but still struggle. From spring things should pick up.

abaddon_1974

Visit site
My problem in finding a horse to share seems to be that I am male.
Not sure why it makes a difference but as soon as an owner finds out that I am male all contact stops.

But I'm not willing to undergo surgery to change anything that drastic so I will just have to keep looking.

Craig

SavingGrace

Visit site
My problem in finding a horse to share seems to be that I am male.
Not sure why it makes a difference but as soon as an owner finds out that I am male all contact stops.

But I'm not willing to undergo surgery to change anything that drastic so I will just have to keep looking.

Craig

This wouldn't bother me in the slightest Craig :)

maletto

Visit site
I just found one too - I trawled through wanted ads as I figured being proactive was required at this time of year!

The girl I found put her advert up way back in November, so I would suggest checking wanted ads.

It's not really the time of year for sharers I don't reckon. Good luck though!

Visit site
I keep advertising for sharers........they either don't turn up or decide they want to share, then change their mind, or decide to quibble over the price . I have got so fed up with wasting my time that I won't bother with a sharer now. Before you all jump on me, I have been a sharer myself so I know there are good ones out there ;-). My last sharer decided to keep fast trotting my dark bay horse down a very busy main road at dusk wearing all black, despite being asked not too often and supplied with high viz gear. Every time he got an injury it was after being ridden by my sharer, so the limited financial contribution went towards vet fees. To be honest I have found that the effort and cost of having a sharer is not worth so maybe you are better off without one. Just my opinion.

royal

Visit site
I've been looking for months for a sharer 2/3 days a week for my girly....the only replies I've had are 12 - 14 year old girls, that have no transport, can't be reliable as they would be using buses (their words not mine!) and to top it all, couldn't pay for the privilidge...even tho the add clearly states the amount of contribution required (which is the going rate - nothing exorbitant!)

I don't even mind sensible competent novices as horsie will look after anyone!

Yard is full livery so no stable duties and has great facilities - but still no takers :confused::confused:

lilaclomax

Visit site
Very fustrating especially since I am comparing it to the days when I was looking for a horse to ride!
I have adverts up in one of the local riding schools and on Gumtree and Preloved... nothing :( Maybe next I should try putting one up at Luton airport - seems like a few of the air stewards like the idea but do not have the time... worth a try!

Neigh Botha

New User
Visit site
I have the opposite problem as in my area there seems to be nothing around. I shared a lovely horse for 2 years but had to give him up as I moved house and the yard was too far to make travelling viable.

I have my own car, I am prepared to contribute financially, don't mind stable chores and have ridden for 20 years including being on riding club area teams etc, however there seems to be nothing around and I have been keeping my eye open since having to give up my share horse over a year ago.

I really miss having a horse and have been keeping up with riding at a local equestrian centre just to keep in the loop of things.

Anyone know of sharer wanted in Falkirk, Denny, Bonnybridge, Cumbernauld area please let me know :)

Thanks

somethingorother

Visit site
Well considering i'm just about to lose my 5th share/ part loan, non of which were my fault as a committed and adoring sharer. I'm not bothering now until i can afford my own. There's no control or stability.

They are out there though. I know the owner of my current share has found several for her horses on horsetoloan.com and preloved. Just keep updating your ads so they come up nearer the top. Hopefully now the weather is picking up you will find someone.