Where best to find a child's pony?

Popos

Visit site
I'm looking for a pony for my son. He has been riding a while and was doing quite well. Sadly the loan pony we had has been taken back. He wants a real confidence giver, he had a nasty fall last year and needs something safe and sound. I have no idea where to go for one and who to trust.

muddygreymare

Visit site
Ask around at your local pony clubs and riding clubs, you may find a great pony that has been there and got the t-shirt. Asking your instructor if your son had one would be a good place to start too as well as obviously trawling the horse ads sites and local fb groups and pc message boards :)

Shay

Visit site
Pony Club is probably the best place. The good ones tend not to come on the market - they are most often someone's beloved pet. If you can afford to keep your child's first pony (and it was a good one) people tend to. I know I did! But they do come up for share and loan.

There is no harm in loan for early ponies as the child can grow out of them without you having to wonder if they will have a good home next. Loans end - yes. But children grow out of ponies too.