Where best to sell saddle?

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I have a saddle that I really need to get on with selling but need help in where to advertise or sell it. It's my old mares saddle and has huge sentimental value to me but realistically I will never be using it again. There is a specific fb group it could be advertised on I think as it's an XW and has fitted two cobs but other than that I can't face the thought of fb with it. Has anyone used anywhere like Sheepham Saddles, The Saddle Bank or Saddles Direct?

Griffin

Visit site
I put a saddle on FB and Preloved recently. It was actually Preloved that came up trumps for me but it was just a synthetic saddle though, nothing very expensive.

Tash88

Visit site
I put two saddles on facebook marketplace and sold them within a week! I had already given them to my previous saddler (who was a rep for that brand) and she'd had them for over a year with no success. I sold them for decent prices but significantly less than what they were worth, but selling second-hand saddles isn't easy and the money I got for them more than covered the cost of the new saddle I bought (I no longer needed two) and the fitting appointment, so I was happy with that.

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
I have got great prices with saddle bank recently (more than I paid) Good saddles are going quickly. It's very easy - they arrange collection etc.

I had a nightmare selling one on FB. Abusive messages etc. Decided to go more impersonal as it wasn't worth it.

Lamehorses

Visit site
Saddles are selling like mad at the moment. If its a sought after make the marketplace should sell quickly- I sold one in 2 hours!
Sheepham saddles are great if it's a brand they take, quick to respond & easy to deal with, bur it was,a couple of years back I used them

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
I've sold two saddles with the Saddle Bank this summer - the first we'd bought second hand so it had already lost some of its value but we got £200 less than we'd paid for it after two years of use. The second was bought new and was slightly cheaper originally but again, we only lost £200. It was a lot easier than selling via Facebook marketplace and they took considerably less commission than our local saddler was asking for so all in all a very positive experience

dixie

Visit site
I’ve sold one to Sheepham who bought it outright. The second is being sold on commission. They’ve had it a while but it’s not a popular saddle and have just sold it.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Thank you some great suggestions and recommendations, I've sent details and waiting for some replies, the one I've had back already suggested the price I was thinking of so good to know I'm in the right area price wise.

catembi

Visit site
I sold one with Sheepham which they bought outright. They have my jumping wintec atm. I have been keeping an eye on it & it's been out on trial once or twice but no-one has bought it yet...! Less bother than dealing with timewasters on FB & even with their commission, if it sells, it will get me at least as much money as I would have expected to get by myself.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Can I hijack? I have a 17.5 black Thorowood GP fitted with an xxw bar plus a spare xw bar. I have the original knee blocks, it’s in reasonable condition. Any ideas how much I might get for it?

GoldenWillow

Visit site
CT I checked sold listings on ebay and prices on the saddle selling sites mentioned in this thread to get a idea of price and it's the same that two places so far have come back to me with. It's definitely more than I would have got a couple of years ago when I thought about selling it but couldn't bear to part with it.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
They’re saying up to £300 on eBay for similar, but it’s really variable so I’m just confused now! His first saddle was a Cardinal (?) and sold for hundreds. I’d never heard of them!.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
They’re saying up to £300 on eBay for similar, but it’s really variable so I’m just confused now! His first saddle was a Cardinal (?) and sold for hundreds. I’d never heard of them!.

Just put it for a buy now price taking offers at roughly what they are listed at on eBay and if its still there in a week just drop the price a bit.

Alternatively put it on the used native pony saddles site on Facebook those kind of saddles are on there all the time and seem to sell.