Where can I find a nice Patterdale / Fell or Lakey stud dog?

Foxfolly

Visit site
Hope this isn't advertising!!

But we're looking for a really good Stud dog for our homebred bitch.

She is due in season this autumn / winter and she needs a hubby! Here she is

Fudge.jpg

FoxFollyFudge2.jpg

She is a good stong terrier her main fault (from a showing point of view only) is she is a little too broad through her chest /ribs but other than that she has excellent conformation and a perfect bite! This fault actually makes her a very powerful terrier!!

We aren't too bothered about colour, hubby fancies a red but I fancy a chocolate... but equally a good black would be good too. Rough or smooth coated. Her husband would have to be a very game terrier up for working but also have an excellent temperament with other dogs and people, all ours are bred for temperament and conformation! Must be between 12-14" tall and have a good strong head, without having too much bull terrier lblood in there!!

We are near Thirsk, North Yorkshire so near to us but we would travel upto 50 miles for the right dog! But might also consider near N.Somerset / Glos area as I travel down there to visit my parents semi regularly!

I have trauled Epupz and other sites and just can't find anything that suits.... well found a lovely one but they haven't bothered replying to any of my enquiries!!

Jillyy

Visit site
I breed.... but not terriers and know very little about the breed your looking to mate..
I just wanted to say i would never advise anyone to use e-pupz or any similar websites for stud dogs.
Rarely are any of the dogs advertised on there health checked etc....

Jillyy

Visit site
lol.. i just relised what i wrote.. what a numpty..
That post meant to say "i dont breed but my friend does"...I didn't mean to type that i breed. lol.
Got a bad flu and even worse, tonsillitis!.. so please bare with me and my terrible typing errors today
frown.gif

Foxfolly

Visit site
Thanks for replying.

But actually we advertise all our puppies on Epupz and have found it to be a really good site!

We are responsible breeders and although there are some questionable people on there... like any site!! So long as you are sensible and ask lots of questions IMO its very easy to spot the ones to stear clear of!!

There are a lot of responsible breeders on there. We actually got one of our patterdales through the site and all 9 of our last litter were sold through epupz. OK you get a few iffy people calling but everyone that actually turned up to look at the pups were really nice responsible people who were genuinely looking for a family dog or working companion!! Although ours are working terriers we didn't have any hard core worker enquiries which TBH I was glad about as some are rather questionable in their care for the dog if it doesn't do the job!!

One of our first litter was sold to a lovely family who saw us with our dogs at badminton horse trials and gave us their number for when we had a litter! They actually previously bred a different breed and it was then that recommended Epupz!!

Foxfolly

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How can you have three breeds as the potential mate??

[/ QUOTE ]

Cos they are all pretty much the same breed!

Patterdales are often called Black or Red Fell terriers, and Working (Not KC showing type) lakelands are the same type and probably what patterdales were derived from originally!!

As patterdales have no papers (They aren't KC recognised) you tend to breed to type and TBH as long as the stud has the conformation and nature we a trying to produce I'm not bothered what 'Breed' the owner thinks it is officially called!!

We call ours patterdales as our stud dog and bitch (The mum and dad of fudge) were both sold to us as pure bred Patterdales from fairly well know breeding lines. But fudge would be likely to be described as a lakeland type terrier due to her colour!!

Most people when you say patterdales expect them to be black when in fact they can be black, tan, grizzle, red, liver/chocolate and even black and tan. A lot have varying amounts of white but only on the feet/legs and chest area.

Hmm does it sound like I swallowed the patterdale dog book!!!
blush.gif
grin.gif