Where can I get a new Kimblewick in 4.75"?

Ellietotz

Visit site
I can't seem to find one anywhere in that specific size!

Also, what is the difference between the cambridge and the uxeter one? They look the same to me!

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Last edited:

be positive

Visit site
I can't seem to find one anywhere in that specific size!

Also, what is the difference between the cambridge and the uxeter one? They look the same to me!

The Uxeter has slots for the reins to go so is a bit stronger if used on the bottom slot as it will bring the curb into use more , the mouthpieces are the same low port usually although you can get jointed ones.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Last edited:

Ellietotz

Visit site
I do like the Kimblewick always have and prefer to pelham https://bitsnbridles.co.uk/collections/kimblewicks

I was always in belief that the Uxeter had the slots as my first mare had one but this shop might have them incorrectly marked up very confusing to others

It confuses me as the slotted Uxeter and slotted Cambridge look practically the same. It's a 4.75" slotted kimblewick I need, preferably with a higher port. I did buy a secondhand one on eBay but it's quite loose where it connects to the rings now probably due to age and pinched the other day. I wanted to avoid bit guards as I'm just not a fan of them but may be the only option. I was recently using a kimblewick in 4.5" which was just a bit too tight where the headpiece connects with her funny shaped head! That one never pinched though but the 4.75" older one I have now is! It seems such a specific size is harder to find, I wonder if it would make much difference if I just got a 5"?

I will go one month without having to spend money I swear...