Where can you hack horses in central Scotland

Aivamac

New User
Visit site
So my yard has no hacking apart from being ab,e to walk round a few fields but this only takes about 20 minutes. I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in central Scotland (mainly Perthshire or Stirlingshire) you can take horses to hack I’ve taken my horse to plean country park a few times and we both really enjoy it but I was hoping there might be some other places as well. I have looked on a few other country parks websites but it says nothing about horses

AnShanDan

Visit site
Beecraigs Country Park outside Linlithgow is really well organised for horses and there are miles of tracks up there.

Devilla forest near Kincardine has a new parking area with loads of room, the tracks can be a bit stoney tho.

Rollin

Visit site
Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. When I lived a mile from the park boundary I chaired and Access Group (and took a petition to the Scottish Parliament!!). My husband and I rode the park every weekend, we mapped it and produced a newsletter. The bad news was that miles of path was covered with Type 2 to make it user friendly for cyclists, very few places to canter. There are access points from Drymen to Strathyre. Horse box parking east and west of Aberfoyle and Drymen. Ask Access Officer for the National Park or Stirling Council for maps.

A nice long off-road ride in Balquidder Glen but again the surface was hard. There was an access group called BRA - Balquidder Riding Association, like me they now be a bit older and not riding so often.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Gartmorn dam near Alloa...although parking up can be tricky...the Keir/craigarnhall woods near Doune. I think it’s called Arnhall woods. Friends ride on the top of the Ochils..Sheriffmuir end near a reservoir. At the back of Cambusbarron is Fir Park/Haggs Wood and there is a place Carron....something which I once picked up a leaflet about and it had horse trails. I’ve never been but friends have. If you come across other places let us all know!