Where did you look when you wanted a cheap horse?

zoon

Visit site
I am thinking of advertising my mare as she just isn't right for me. She is an ex racer and I am reschooling her. If I do sell, she won't be exensive, so where are the best places to advertise? I am in Kent if anyone knows of local websites?

Jesstickle

Visit site
Horsemart in the under £1000 section is the only place I look. I imagine you aren't thinking quite that cheap though :eek:

HollyB66

Visit site
A bit random i know and not all on the subject, but i have just joined and have no idea how to put my own questin on? please help i need help with my gelding!! :

Not sure if this link will work : http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=79

If not click on 'new lounge' and then you should see a blue button towards the top left that says 'new thread'.

You can then put your own title to attract the right 'readers'/'posters' and put more information in your post - not clear what 'help' you need for your gelding.

ps - welcome to the forum

smudge99

Visit site
I found my lovely foal through a local group in FB. Keeping my eye out for an older horse now for my OH to learn on! I love the local groups.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
My girl went via preloved :)

Her ad was on less than 24 hours and I have a taker :)

Great site, Also advertise her on the local FB horsey sale pages, I got ALOT of interest in my gelding through those and hes found a LOVELY longterm loan home where hes spoilt rotten and happy as a pig in $h!t*

zoon

Visit site
FreeAds and AdTrader. Good luck. What's she like? Someone on here might be interested which would save you the hassle!

ex racer that was too slow, retired sound. Very sweet to handle, forward going ride, quick learner and tries hard for you. Very bold - Doesn't spook at anything, and I mean anything. Hacks out alone and in company, but forward going. Will canter in open spaces, but can get strong (hacked in waterford snaffle). Can be tense when ridden, but will settle into an outline after a while - very much a work in progress and still quite unbalanced. Popped a few small jumps out hacking. I can see her potential and she hasn't actually done anything really wrong, but just not sure if I like her if that makes sense! Not going to advertise her yet, as haven't made my mind up, but would like a plan of action if I do decide to sell. She has a sarcoid on her ear - hence why she'd be cheap. Not in the way of the bridle.