Where do experienced driving people hang out?

scruffyponies

Visit site
A friend asked for my help with a 13hh pony which no longer enjoys ridden work.

Turns out it has been driven before and goes like the proverbial off a digging implement. It's a safe and super driver, but not for a novice or granny. He was relaxed batting down the road in extended trot with his little back legs going like pistons, probably 20mph, and would have cheerfully gone faster if I'd let him!

Owner doesn't drive, and needs to sell, which means the poor thing is at serious risk if 'tried' by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
Where's the best place to find a suitably competent driver for such a pocket rocket?

scruffyponies

Visit site
I confess, if I were looking I'd look at Dragon Driving, but I'd be very worried that it would attract the wrong sort. He's a quality little pony (although yes, skewbald). Have only ever bought from there, not sold, and I would expect it to attract novices and/or joyriders.

Any recommendations for pros who do sales, particularly on commission basis?

ShettieMob

Visit site
Off the top of my head try Nicola Parkin, Claire Bourne or Julie Wedgbury (prob easiest to look them up on Facebook) - none are that local to you unfortunately but they are all very experienced carriage driving instructors, and all have helped with selling driving ponies for clients. Even if they can't help directly I'm sure they could point you in the right direction, or may know of someone looking

katastrophykat

Visit site
Off the top of my head try Nicola Parkin, Claire Bourne or Julie Wedgbury (prob easiest to look them up on Facebook) - none are that local to you unfortunately but they are all very experienced carriage driving instructors, and all have helped with selling driving ponies for clients. Even if they can't help directly I'm sure they could point you in the right direction, or may know of someone looking

exactly this, depending on area. He sounds like a useful competition type if not a total looper- I’d pop him on the indoor driving groups and British Carriagedriving chit chat, as well as your local club- what area is he?