Where do you advertise your youngster?

no_no_nanette

Visit site
I'm drawing a complete blank at the moment on selling my three year old, and wondered if anyone has found any online site or magazine better than another. I'm really surprised that there has been no interest at all, and have got to the point where I'd almost welcome timewasters, at least there would be some activity!!

Is the market really that dire? What are others finding?

prosoup

Visit site
I usually find Horsequest quite good, although the adverts do slip down the page pretty quickly. Also the BE or BD sites depending on the youngster you are selling.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think a lot of people are keeping their 3 year old's, to break in and sell on as 4 year old's (where there seems to be a better market).

no_no_nanette

Visit site
I think a lot of people are keeping their 3 year old's, to break in and sell on as 4 year old's (where there seems to be a better market).

Thanks for the replies - hadn't thought of BE as a possible. Amymay, he's already been lightly backed by Jason Webb and turned away over the winter and spring, so he's all ready to bring back into work. Maybe naively, I thought that there would be quite a few people interested in something at that stage. The timeline seems to extend every year - I don't even dream about being able to sell a 2 year-old now. But if I'm to be a bit controversial, the trend now seems to be for many buyers of youngsters to be saying "Well, they need to be four, going well under saddle and probably to have been out and about and got some results .... (But I don't want to pay the corresponding price, of course)". I've avoided even trying to work out what an economic selling price would be, to cover all the costs of breeding, rearing and backing - I would frighten myself to death, and there's no way on earth that I would ever get it in this market!